Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Reereef View Post
Yep that was me!

We’re just on a different flight, same day - 20th July. Heathrow to Miami.

They are cancelling the BA0207 and keeping the BA0209 I believe. Just consolidating three flights into one.

Good news is it’s the Dreamliner!

Bad news is, I have to hold out for a few weeks and then book all my accommodation and tickets again. 😬😂
What a nightmare, you would have thought they could have mentioned something along the lines of ‘we’ve cancelled your flight but please call us to rearrange as we are condensing our flights on this day’ in their email to you. Would have stopped the panic!
Silver lining it’s like booking a brand new holiday 😬

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I’m sorry to hear that, I too would be gutted. Could you possibly rebook your flights for a later date?
This did cross my mind. I had checked with my work and I could change my annual leave to last 2 weeks of school holiday - that was my plan b. However then Disney states no more bookings and no amendments for the rest of 2020 😱. So there would be no Disney 😪. After speaking with the rest of the family they didn’t feel like it would be the holiday they wanted. To be brutally honest, I am mourning the holiday that I had planned and not the one available in these difficult times. It is sinking in but I’m miserable ☹️
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by HeresYourEars View Post
Awww man... now you guys are making me feel all squishy inside like a marshmallow.

Let me sit here and look at the blue horizon and the ocean and think for a bit about it. I see a rather large school of dolphin at the moment and they’re making me feel happy.

I don’t want one stupid comment of mine to spoil my experience here. Thanx.
Please don’t beat yourself up about it. Mistakes happen and messages can be misinterpreted. We are all positive on this thread so please stay and join us!

When you say outer banks I keep thinking of the film perfect storm which could be seen as negative (although I loved the film) so I’m stamping that one out! Dolphins and the blue horizon sound so serene - wish we were there. It’s grey here in Bristol (UK) xx
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
Please don’t beat yourself up about it. Mistakes happen and messages can be misinterpreted. We are all positive on this thread so please stay and join us!

When you say outer banks I keep thinking of the film perfect storm which could be seen as negative (although I loved the film) so I’m stamping that one out! Dolphins and the blue horizon sound so serene - wish we were there. It’s grey here in Bristol (UK) xx
Very sweet. Thank you. 💕. I think A Perfect Storm took place up in Massachusetts. But that was a pretty good movie! Hope your sunshine returns soon! It’s been a warm day here today, over 90•F.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

Keeping positive...

My current plan is to hang on to the Disney booking until I find out
a/ will we be able to fly
b/ what will Disney do if the NBA take our hotel room (we are booked in Gran Destino Tower

I've been hanging on to the fact that we have a week at a DVC resort booked which we will use even if we cancel the CSR part and just do MNSSHP, H2O glow and do some resort hopping. Planning on a week on the coast if we cancel the Disney Coronado week.

Plus, we have a cruise booked to South America for next Easter so it's not like we have no other plans right? Wrong! The cruise got cancelled this evening! And I bought flights last week!

However, still staying positive. I have been researching other cruises going that week, and one of them is the Disney Magic. Nothing like as good an itinerary and only 5 nights, but now I'm thinking move the week I have booked for August to next Easter and combine it with the Disney cruise! Every cloud and all that

So long and short, at the moment it's a relaxing Florida August holiday, followed by a fab Cruise and stay next Easter.

Will this come to pass? Answers on a postcard
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

A positive for me tonight is we have been watching YouTube videos about Zak Bagans museum in Vegas which was on our original list ,will definitely be open when we go in August (opens next week) so hopefully all will be good this end 🤞🏼
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Is it walkable from Cabana to the parks and volcano bay? I know there are walking paths from Aventura and I want to avoid buses if possible.
Yes you can walk from cabana bay to city walk and volcano bay. City walk is a bit of a trek 20+ minutes. But very pretty. We love cabana bay so much

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Surely today is the day we hear from Disney?
gizmodo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
What a nightmare, you would have thought they could have mentioned something along the lines of ‘we’ve cancelled your flight but please call us to rearrange as we are condensing our flights on this day’ in their email to you. Would have stopped the panic!
Silver lining it’s like booking a brand new holiday 😬
Thank goodness for The Dibb!

Going to phone up BA today. Hopefully get us on another flight, and then I'll have to re-book all the stuff I cancelled!

I also need to change our return flight (ours were booked with AVIOS so flexible) and then it's just the small issue of us actually being allowed to travel!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gizmodo View Post
Surely today is the day we hear from Disney?
I read that it might be early next week - I think someone posted on the dibb that who they were booked via had told them they should hear at the weekend and announcement early next week.

Although I had read it would be this week as well and it hasn’t happened so far. Fingers and toes crossed it’s soon!
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List