Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
LOUISEACAT
Proud to wear my Ears

Tim Tracker has also posted a recent Seaworld and Busch Gardens - not so great, lots closed.
LOUISEACAT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

There's so many ways to think about what will happen now and in the future. For now, I can't see how the magic would return any time soon. Not this year, I'd suggest.

As for next year, well, many people now can't financially afford to go, so it may not be as busy as you'd think. That said, it's the 50th anniversary, so it could/would have been busy anyway, regardless of the current situation.

Nobody has the answers, really - you'll just have to go with your gut feel and run with it.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

I think if it’s a special visit where Disney will feature heavily then maybe put it off til next year. If you can cope with the possibility of interference at Universal then it could be worth going.

If however you’re a seasoned Florida visitor and it’s a break for some winter sunshine then I’d say yes, go enjoy what Florida can offer you and don’t let the ifs and maybes spoil the moment.

Edited at 09:56 PM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba and nala
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I watched the “hit the theme parks” vlogs

He clearly made my mind up just stating the facts of what’s ahead

Il be trying virgin again tomorrow and this week if not and see about changing

Lot of cost and not what usually on offer

Who doesn’t watch fireworks their last night - it’s my tradition
Simba and nala is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re due to go at the end of September and I think we’ve almost certainly made up our mind not to go 😔 I’m a bit disappointed that Disney are asking us to decide so quickly but I understand they need to know so they can plan ahead.

If it was just the two of us we’d probably stick to our plans but with two little ones, it’s hard to accept little or no character meets, no character dining etc. We’ve been plenty of times as a couple and once as a family of three, so we know what to expect and what we’d miss. Wearing a mask all day over there wouldn’t be my idea of fun either. I suppose it’s a lot of money and a long way to go for a fraction of the usual experience.

In the grand scheme of things that are happening in the world today, it sounds silly to say but I’m gutted we won’t be going this year. Our eldest is 4 and I just know she would’ve lapped it all up this year 🥺 so putting it off for a year or two reminds me that time goes far too quickly 👎🏻

Our plan at the moment is to keep an eye on things and maybe do a last minute trip next year if “normality” returns or book for 2022.
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I agree have a look at hit the theme parks channel on you tube he has news and facts, figures every day very interesting.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
I’ve pretty much decided not to go.

First and foremost I’m afraid of the COVID situation.

Aside from that, I can’t even imagine wearing masks in the Florida heat. Then you’ve got the challenges of distancing, virtual queues... we weren’t / aren’t planning on doing WDW this year, only universal.

We had lots of nights at HHN planned, and I just can’t see how that can go ahead in anything like it’s normal fashion.

Then you have the cost of the holiday... I go away to have a complete break for the worries and stress of work and real life - I think I’ll be more stressed at universal with distancing and the threat of COVID than I would be at work!

I just don’t think what we would get from it would equal the cost.

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post

My advice from this side of the pond: wait and have the full, fun Disney experience. But you might have a high tolerance level for the less-than experience, so only you can decide.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Who knows what the impact of the Us economy will have on next years numbers, pre-C19 I would have agreed & said "rammed" but I would expect that lots of US families are now looking closely at their future finances.

SD
I feel that Disney will always be crowded. US families who want to go to Disney will always find a way to afford it. We don't go for weeks at a time (no reason to, really). I supposed families over there will be looking at their finances closely too.

As for Disney's 50th, unless they are planning some truly extraordinary events, I don't really think the parks will be rammed for it any more than usual. But that's just my take.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
formosagirl
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I think it completely depends on your personal experience and expectations.

We are still planning to go in October, however my OH and I have been regularly over the last 6 years, so we are not desperate to see parades or fireworks. I'm actually quite looking forward to there being less crowds, that is without doubt the one thing that I don't like about Disney. We have DVC booked at BLT and BRV, so we are expecting and looking forward to spending time around the resort pools with a cocktail.

However, if we had children, or it was our first time, then it's too much money for what will be a reduced experience when you had planned the full Disney experience.