Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Apr 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did that at Christmas 2019. No Parks but enjoyed visiting the resorts and Disney Springs to see the decorations and for meals. Fort Wilderness for Christmas dinner.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
Yes . A few years ago it was just me and DH, we'd booked the YC and had four - one day passes which we planned to use in the parks but each time we went to the parks we hated it and gave up after a few hours and went back to sit by the pool which we loved. We had done the parks many times over many years with the kids so without the kids the parks just felt flat to us.
That was me and DH a couple of years ago. Stayed for the first time onsite, Beachclub DVC for a week. Just strange without the kids, was very busy. I also didn't like the hotel. We were in a room close to the car park, no lovely view, room was just okay, nothing special. We had to walk quite a bit to get to the drinks machine, only one of the washing machines in our block worked, so quite a bit of walking/waiting on a machine. Wouldn't rush back.

If and when we go back to Orlando it will be a villa for us. Cheaper and there's nothing better than chilling by the pool in the morning with a cup of tea when the mist is lifting and there's that lovely smell
MinniMouse is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
That made me a little melancholy. I had been wondering what it would be like returning to parks in the future without the kids and I suppose that's my concern. Would we feel flat about it?

But not there quite yet...Aug 21 here we come...best make the most of it!
When we grew up and moved out my parents got into a but of a funk and felt flat about a lot of things when it was just the two of them or if one of them was solo. It took a few years and a health scare before they decided to make an effort to enjoy the new chapter of life and they rekindled their love of some of the things we used to do as a family but they also went and did things we wouldn't have done as a family and are better as a couple or solo. So I think in your future you will either find a new way to enjoy the parks or you will move on and do things that your kids wouldn't be interested in whether that's other parts of Florida, other kind of USA holidays or other parts of the world. Loads of adventures await out there!
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

OP we travel as a couple too and I would look offsite first for better deals and better facilities. I think with an all stars budget you'll find lots of options off site. I love being in the bubble but for us the standard of hotel you get for the money on Disney property isn't worth the money at any level if you're not doing Disney imo.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Would only stop onsite if going to the parks to be honest as you can get better places to stay for usually a cheaper price.
Obviously if you have got a bargain then can see why you would book.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

I too like being in the disney bubble and resort hopping, even if we are not doing the parks much! That said, I would prefer a deluxe disney, however for a cheap quick trip I would have no hesitation booking all star's (movies has been refurbed and is lovely now)
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
If you are keen to resort hop around Disney why not. I’d go for Pop, if just the 2 of you the rooms would be nice and you’d have the skyliner.

We are huge Universal fans, even though you are not I’d recommend Aventura onsite there. Gorgeous roof top bar, sapphire falls next door with good food and drinks options as well as the boat into citywalk.

Offsite we really like the Rosen Plaza. Great location and really nice hotel.

All of those should be around the same price as those you mentioned.
Old 30 Apr 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
In 2019 stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort for four nights without park tickets. I went to Disney Springs, did some resort hopping and one evening I had an event ticket. I am not one for pool days, but that would have been another option. I did this ahead of checking into another WDW resort which did come with tickets. I quite enjoyed pottering around WDW for a few days and would definitely do it again.
Interesting

We have five free nights. Which I'm unsure if I want to use next year as we are not remotely interested in the parks... I was thinking of 9 nights universal y SeaWorld etc and using my free nights up at the end.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

On our last trip we stayed at POP for 4 nights without tickets, although we did get MNSSHP tickets for 1 night. We enjoyed being on property but not rushing around to the parks and had a trip to DS and another day got the bus to HS and then the boat to Boardwalk and spent a few hours there, we would do it again.
Old 30 Apr 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I haven't done zero parks (yet) but my last trip ended up quite park light as I only felt like doing my favourites. So would do a couple of hours in a park then head out elsewhere in the resort for the rest of the day. I don't feel like I missed out on much in the parks, but I didn't make it round to all the resorts I wanted to. So my next trip will most likely have even less park time. And I'd still stay on site. I like the bubble.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List