Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Sep 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by N52939 View Post
Also Western Way extended to SR545 (Avalon Road) with plans to extend onto Sawgrass Pkwy to link to the 27. The Lake County side of the road is already in place, just the Orange County side to finish.
I know they’ve been saying this for years but fingers crossed it’s soon because avoiding 192 would be a dream!

I believe Schofield Road is slated to be paved through to Avalon very soon too. (I know you can get through but I don’t like dirt/clay roads when it rains)
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Every time I drive past this on 429 I am surprised at how big Flamingo Crossing is. The college program housing alone looks like a whole new university campus. That whole area along 429 has changed so much in the last few years anyone on here who is is familiar with it will be shocked on their next visit.
Donna

You remember over the years I've said on here that I'm constantly surprised at the exponential growth of Margaritaville when we drove along FSR a couple of years ago. Is Flamingo Crossings worse?

I'm excited enough to see the new traffic lights and 7/11 at Westside/Florence Villa Grove.

Mick
Old 24 Sep 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I only hope Ovation doesn’t become a victim of its own success like Mannys on the 192
The one near Posner is nigh impossible to get into during snowbird season
We use the Ovation Mannys etc in Winter Haven now
As State 27 says avoid the 192 whenever we can now
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

DD bought a house in Serenoa off of Sawgrass and a lot of her neighbors are Disney and were sold on the connection being completed. The latest construction is only a couple of hundred feet away from the Lake / Orange line.

On the Orange side they have completed the new intersection of 545 (Avalon) and Western Way, but 545 is progressively also being upgraded to 4 lane as the Horizon West plan continues to roll out, but they have also started building houses so the access roads are slowly being added that will eventually be the connector.

Agreed on Schofield. Need a car wash at the end of any trip along there.

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
I know they’ve been saying this for years but fingers crossed it’s soon because avoiding 192 would be a dream!

I believe Schofield Road is slated to be paved through to Avalon very soon too. (I know you can get through but I don’t like dirt/clay roads when it rains)

Edited at 03:28 PM.
N52939 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Flamingo Crossings is insane…hotels, condos, gas stations, Disney college housing, new 55 plus housing community (Hartzog road is still closed onto Avalon) and Avalon itself is crazy, so many houses and a 2 lane highway now, huge hospital and all the shops/cinema/restaurants at new independence parkway

Plus the crystal cove is due to break ground off there.
Old 24 Sep 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by State27 View Post
Flamingo Crossings is insane…hotels, condos, gas stations, Disney college housing, new 55 plus housing community (Hartzog road is still closed onto Avalon) and Avalon itself is crazy, so many houses and a 2 lane highway now, huge hospital and all the shops/cinema/restaurants at new independence parkway

Plus the crystal cove is due to break ground off there.
We always used to go down Hartzog & Avalon from Davenport to Disney... I take it that is no longer an option?

Thanks for details on location... we're staying at Disney with no Dining Plan or credits next year so will give us a few more non park/hotel options than the McDonalds by AK!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
We always used to go down Hartzog & Avalon from Davenport to Disney... I take it that is no longer an option?

Thanks for details on location... we're staying at Disney with no Dining Plan or credits next year so will give us a few more non park/hotel options than the McDonalds by AK!
Yeah you can’t go down Hartzog , it’s been closed for months and months.

You can go further down Avalon and access Disney via Flamingo Crossings though
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

State27 and Donna - we are staying in The Grove Resort next year (a completely new area for us) is Flamingo crossing close to that? We’re trying to work out where we will be.

We are most used to US27, Bonnet Creek plus US and WDW properties.
Malificent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
State27 and Donna - we are staying in The Grove Resort next year (a completely new area for us) is Flamingo crossing close to that? We’re trying to work out where we will be.

We are most used to US27, Bonnet Creek plus US and WDW properties.
Yes, The Grove is very close to Flamingo Crossing. It is also not far from loads of restaurants etc on west 192 including the Rolling Oaks/Sunset Walk/Margaritaville area you see mentioned on here alot.
Old 25 Sep 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Donna

You remember over the years I've said on here that I'm constantly surprised at the exponential growth of Margaritaville when we drove along FSR a couple of years ago. Is Flamingo Crossings worse?

I'm excited enough to see the new traffic lights and 7/11 at Westside/Florence Villa Grove.

Mick
Flamingo Crossing is definitely much bigger than Margaritaville.

I don't remember if I mentioned it before but Margaritaville is also in the next stage of development now. The rental cottages have reached the wall on Funie Steed. They are currently finishing up the last of them.

Work has now started on the "villas". These are townhouses designed for permanent residents and will stretch from the corner of Funie Steed where the 429 overpass is along the 429 bank and up to the apartments behind Target.

They are also building a separate condo hotel under the Embassy Suites brand behind TJ Maxx etc.