Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 8 Jan 22, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
MUAlumni
Excited about Disney

The boys logo had potential, and when they verbally described it I thought they had a winner…..then they proceeded to turn it into the worst thing ever

Wait til they have to come up with team names. They have all seen the show before so why not prepare decent names before going in but we’ll still have some purpose some garbage like “The Winners”, “The A+ Team” etc

Edited at 01:13 AM.
MUAlumni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dogken View Post
From the Urban Dictionary,
Bouji
Abbreviation for the term bourgeoisie, which in laymen terms means stuck up, snobbish, or just thinking your better than others because of your economic status. It represents the capitalist class over peasants.

That's them to a T 🤷
By the way I love watching it
Oh... thanks! I know what bourgeoisie means (although never seen it written down so wouldnt have been able to spell that either! &#129315

That just makes it even worse then... I know a few peoole who fit that description very well but I dont think they admit it to themselves let alone go on a cruise named especially for them!
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

We always sit watching and throw comments at the tv...mostly...stick to the brief!

Also our own ideas of how the task should be approached...

As the brief said luxury cruises, my name idea would be something like ocean opulance
Old 8 Jan 22, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
It was good I thought.

The usual bunch of Contestants who are obviously chosen for a number of reasons but mainly for the cringe worthy factor, teeth, dislike of a razor, egos the size of London, shallowness and overall total lack of moral fibre - should be good then.

I had to check out what happened to Claude, didn't know this. Hope he is recovering well. .

Due to injuries sustained in a cycling accident, the 72-year-old businessman has had to take time away.

Claude has been having to learn to walk again after injuring his right leg so badly that he has required nine surgeries to date and doctors initially thought they may have to amputate following the accident in April while riding an electric bike.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Poor Claude, sounds awful 😞

Having worked for a cruise line, I just couldn’t believe how terrible their ideas were, especially given that they were on a beautiful new ship at the time, they might as well have taken them down the old cafe, and saved the money!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Poor Claude, sounds awful 😞

Having worked for a cruise line, I just couldn’t believe how terrible their ideas were, especially given that they were on a beautiful new ship at the time, they might as well have taken them down the old cafe, and saved the money!
Yes but think of the mo et Virgin would have paid for the advertising
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MUAlumni View Post
The boys logo had potential, and when they verbally described it I thought they had a winner…..then they proceeded to turn it into the worst thing ever

Wait til they have to come up with team names. They have all seen the show before so why not prepare decent names before going in but we’ll still have some purpose some garbage like “The Winners”, “The A+ Team” etc
I thought it was clever when the lad doing the exercise morphed into the logo, but as has been said the colour was awful and the name not displayed. I actually thought in many ways their ideas were better than the girls. If that logo had been blue I'm convinced they would have won.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26

The cameraman filming the lady in the green dress.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
...Having worked for a cruise line, I just couldn’t believe how terrible their ideas were, especially given that they were on a beautiful new ship at the time, they might as well have taken them down the old cafe, and saved the money!

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
...I actually thought in many ways their ideas were better than the girls. If that logo had been blue I'm convinced they would have won.
I thought the same; the girls only 'won' because the boys' logo lost more!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Enjoyed it as always. I spend half the episodes hiding behind my cushions. It’s so cringeworthy. First time my daughters have watched and both loved it.

I taught a contestant from several series ago to drive and she was a bigger idiot in real life than she was on the programme. They are all awful but it’s what makes the programme so watchable.

I’d give anything for those teeth!
One of them on a previous series opened a shop in our local town, lasted 2 years before it was closed, obviously her plan didnt work then