Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Jan 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Whatever happens and whoever funds his protection or if he funds it but uses ours I hope he and his family come for a week or so and all his family can see him, his wife and his kids. He was brought up in a large family with loads of cousins to play with and I’m sure he would want his children to know their cousins now and in the future.
Old 16 Jan 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
That's what I would have assumed, re protection, but I know what I don't know (for sure) and am wondering about various aspects.

Disagree with your second point, though!
I don’t know for sure but the people I know who did work in Royal protection always seemed to be up for overtime when it was offered . They never seemed to be affected by overtime embargos like their colleagues in other police roles.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
I really don’t think this has anything to do with Andrew at all and suggesting it distracts away from the topic.

So far we’ve had William has organised this (probably) and now it’s a distraction from his paedophile friendly uncle
William always gets dragged into discussion when things don't go "woe is me" Harry's way, there's an old saying, you make your bed you lie in it, I have always believed that you make choices and then it's up to you to deal with good and bad of those choices .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
William always gets dragged into discussion when things don't go "woe is me" Harry's way, there's an old saying, you make your bed you lie in it, I have always believed that you make choices and then it's up to you to deal with good and bad of those choices .
I don't think it's anything to do with William.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I don’t know for sure but the people I know who did work in Royal protection always seemed to be up for overtime when it was offered . They never seemed to be affected by overtime embargos like their colleagues in other police roles.
There's always a knock-on affect, however, from overtime worked and any other extra resources used (we know the police, generally, are stretched).

Again, I'm not saying this is primarily the issue here, just one of various factors I was considering, since these issues are usually more involved than us on the outside realise. We don't fully know why Harry's request was initially rejected -- and we don't know how many others have been similarly rejected.

Those directly involved can't see eye-to-eye, so it's not surprising the rest of us hold varying perspectives!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 06:58 PM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Clearly you missed the point that Harry is requesting royal protection *AT HIS OWN EXPENSE* during his visit. So no expense to the tax payer .
Not sure why it’s entitled to want the best protection available for your own family when he’s stated he’s fully prepared to pay for it !
No I didn’t miss the point. The point being that the private security he was willing to pay for would not be allowed to be armed as they are in the US.
The level of Home Office (Police) security he is entitled to does not meet his requirements (unarmed)so he wants to sue to receive armed protection from the HO.
When I read about this I had sympathy for Harry and understood his position but he has to realise that protocol in the UK is not the same as the US.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post

Those directly involved can't see eye-to-eye, so it's not surprising the rest of us hold varying perspectives!
There is no need to come on here and be reasonable. How every dare you.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

I personally don’t like Harry any more or his wife, but that’s my own feelings about them.

However if they are entitled to pay out of their own pockets for our police security while in this country and it’s allowed under what the police can do for such work, I have no personal issue with it. As long as tax payers aren’t paying and it’s allowed.

Edited at 07:09 PM.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I think that the fact that Harry was born into Royalty utterly irrelevant as he has firmly and very publicly turned his back on it. He has rubbished both his family and his home nation.

Having said that, he should be accorded exactly the same rights as any other person when visiting the U.K.. no more and equally no less.

If others can pay for protection then so should he be able to.

If others cannot, then neither should he either.

I do not want to see him accorded any privileges whatever, but neither do I want to see him accorded anything less than is afforded to others either.

To me, he simply is a U.K. Expat Citizen.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

As a side, I have read that Princess Diana, even after her HRH was forcibly removed, still was able to have police protection when she felt the need for it - and she wasn't even a royal once divorced.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread