Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Sep 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wooden Top View Post
The problem as well in the supermarkets is that I don't tend to look at the prices because "I'm on holiday" but it's always a surprise when I get to the checkout. Probably could do with actually looking at the prices and looking for offers within the supermarkets as we only eat out maybe twice in two weeks.
You are 100% correct. I have just left Publix and saved 30% off my total by being able to focus on special offers and BOGOFF offers.
Old 5 Sep 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MTEC View Post
ooo never been to target!
Target isn't as good as Walmart for food choices.
Old 5 Sep 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toonmadlad View Post
Target isn't as good as Walmart for food choices.
But much nicer for a wander around and very good for clothes and housewares etc.
Old 5 Sep 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
The dollar has been this low before so it's nothing new really.
You must be very old...
Redsnapper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Personally thought target was rubbish for food! And more expensive than Walmart for the things we were looking for.

We went to Steak and Shake before MNSSHP last week, it’s further down the 192 but we had 4 meals, drinks, a side of onion rings, and a large strawberry milkshake and it came to $32 with a tip. Brilliant value, good service and lovely burgers! Panda Express was also good value, as was Blaze Pizza. Good value and lovely food. Wish they had a Panda Express in Disney Springs! You can get some very good meals offsite that are good value, but many whilst I wouldn’t say mega expensive, are on par with UK prices.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Personally thought target was rubbish for food! And more expensive than Walmart for the things we were looking for.

We went to Steak and Shake before MNSSHP last week, it’s further down the 192 but we had 4 meals, drinks, a side of onion rings, and a large strawberry milkshake and it came to $32 with a tip. Brilliant value, good service and lovely burgers! Panda Express was also good value, as was Blaze Pizza. Good value and lovely food. Wish they had a Panda Express in Disney Springs! You can get some very good meals offsite that are good value, but many whilst I wouldn’t say mega expensive, are on par with UK prices.
that is good to know as there is a steak and shake near where i am staying
Old 5 Sep 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

Sad I know but we're looking forward to trying Aldi in a couple of months.
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meva View Post
When I was a child back in the seventies a trip to Disney World was considered for most people a "once in a lifetime" holiday.
I think those days are returning.
It still is for a lot of people. Plus a lot can't afford to go at all.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Target is expensive for food and less choice but i agree, is lovely to look around.

I usually spend quite a bit on clothes shopping when we are out there but that's mainly because the brands we like are what we would buy at home but are significantly cheaper (A&F are less in $ than in £ so are cheaper no matter the ex rate, as is Michael Kors) or are not available in the UK (American Eagle)

yes it might be costing me more this year than a few years ago but its still cheaper than the uk in that respect for me.

food i'm not sure about, we have been on dining plan mainly the last few years, and though we were paying OOP last year, the only meals i remember thinking were expensive were the disney TS ones we did which is what i expected anyway.

we had a couple of meals (one in, one takeaway) from Chilis and they were lovely, same at bahama breeze. we ate at outback, millers, logans and mannys amongst others and didn't think any of those were outrageously priced.

in fact - being a boring factoid i have all our hol spends logged and categorised and can see that we spend an average of £91 a day in food and snacks - that includes lunches (we breakfasted in the villa) and dinner. We would have had a main and an occasional dessert and i would have had 1 alcoholic beverage more times that not with dinner. That's for 2 ad 1 ch. most expensive meal - hollywood and vine £120 and cheapest chilis take out £25

we absolutely would have had everything we wanted to eat and not restricted ourselves, and bought snacks if we wanted them but we did stock up on snacks to take to the park at walmart (included above) and alcohol and breakfast foods for the villa there too.

Maybe we are just naturally very thrifty in our food choices - but i don't find that overly expensive. Bearing in mind the majority of the lunches were in disney parks and we did BOG, trattoria al forno character breakfast, 1900 PF, rainforest cafe and H&V
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel5678
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
It still is for a lot of people. Plus a lot can't afford to go at all.
I know a lot of people who would love to go but they can’t afford to go.
Mel5678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List