Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Apr 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Sorry guys, I posted then vanished. Just wanted to say I really feel for everyone. We have so few options up here its rubbish just now.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Gutted for you all, we're not till December but thankfully flying from Manchester 🤞
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

This is our 3rd cancelled flight. Doomed never to see Orlando again.
We only paid £400 pp direct from Glasgow so no chance of bagging alternative flights for similar cost. Are they obligated to offer alternative flights, if so would consider Manchester
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by newstewart View Post
We only paid £400 pp direct from Glasgow so no chance of bagging alternative flights for similar cost. Are they obligated to offer alternative flights, if so would consider Manchester
I would assume we’ll be offered moving, cancelling or switching to Manchester or London, none of which are particularly palatable however the way I feel right now I can’t see us going anywhere any time soon to I’m leaning towards postponing. The problem is it’ll cost us significantly more .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
buffy
Excited about Disney

But if VA are making the changes aren’t we entitled to a full refund?
Old 22 Apr 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

I’m so upset at this , I could cry ! I’m blinking dick to the back teeth of it all now ! The thought of our holiday in September is what us keeping me going , I’m so bloody sick of Sturgeon 🤯 !
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buffy View Post
But if VA are making the changes aren’t we entitled to a full refund?
If the flight's aren't going ahead then yes you should be refunded in full.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

I really genuinely feel for all of you in this situation. It really sucks.

I don't have flights booked from here this year but I can relate to how annoying flight changes are. Our flights to collect and drop off our son to school this year were all re-arranged (free of charge for anyone wondering about that) from Inverness to Aberdeen (nearly a 4 hour round trip for us). Just urgh.

I hope you all manage to sort something out x
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
I’m so upset at this , I could cry ! I’m blinking dick to the back teeth of it all now ! The thought of our holiday in September is what us keeping me going , I’m so bloody sick of Sturgeon 🤯 !
I know I’m feeling pretty down. I blame all the doom-mongering about international travel from Scotland. I mean it’s only April for crying out loud. How can they possibly know what the situation will be in the autumn .

What’s annoying me most is we have no other options for direct than to hold off for 2022 or go with Tui who don’t even fly into Orlando. Plus we had actually bought miles during a miles boost to book our original 2020 flights. I really feel like I should get that refunded too!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by newstewart View Post
You can get the new Aer Lingus flights direct from Man for about 750 each (300 or so cheaper than Virgin) with baggage and seats. Well you could the other day. On that ticket you can also cancel and get a voucher valid for 5 years.