Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Apr 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'm just having a scroll through the BA website and have come across the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, anyone have any experience of this or have heard anything about them?

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the parks we were considering getting two 1 day tickets and going to MK & AK and then going to Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon if we decided to stay on site at Disney. One of my goals is to stay at all the Disney resorts so I figured this might be a good way of ticking that box!

We don't have kids and have only done the parks as a couple and right now I couldn't imagine it any other way!
We did to go WDW on our honeymoon without the kids and loved it, Disney is great without kids but not much had changed in the parks since we'd last been so it was like Groundhog day, we were walking around Epcot and just said to each other we'd rather be sat by the pool.

Do you want to stay at a Disney Hotel for the experience or just to be close to the waterparks? There are hotels at Disney Springs (not owned by Disney) so you've got evening entertainment and are close to TL, perhaps that would help?
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Rosen Shingle Creek or Rosen Plaza would be 2 suggestions of offsite places to research - no resort fees, good facilities and close locations to SW/Discovery Cove
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

I've been to Universal a few times and I've never understood the hype! I just feel like after 1 day between the 2 parks I've seen and done everything!

Do you have any hotels you would suggest looking into? I've only stayed in a villa when not on site, so I'm not sure what are good hotels to look at!
My vote would have been for the Universal Hotels having seen walk arounds of budget Disney and budget Universal. I've only stayed at Villa's, OKW and the more expensive Universal hotels so not the best person to advise on non resort hotels.

We are big fans of Universal though especially with older kids. It's just an easier experience especially for short trips. Getting free unlimited express passes and not having to plan every detail ahead is a big bonus for us. Then just being able to walk to the parks is so nice. But that's just our own preference for short trips. We've done 2 week Disney stays and absolutely loved being 'all in'.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
We did to go WDW on our honeymoon without the kids and loved it, Disney is great without kids but not much had changed in the parks since we'd last been so it was like Groundhog day, we were walking around Epcot and just said to each other we'd rather be sat by the pool.

Do you want to stay at a Disney Hotel for the experience or just to be close to the waterparks? There are hotels at Disney Springs (not owned by Disney) so you've got evening entertainment and are close to TL, perhaps that would help?
We did look at some of the Disney Springs resorts but because they ask for resort fee's when we added that in it came out more than staying onsite. We both enjoy the atmosphere of a Disney resort but as this is an unexpected trip that I wasn't planning on taking I'm trying to do research into what hotel to stay at for the 6 nights we're in Orlando

meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

We did look at some of the Disney Springs resorts but because they ask for resort fee's when we added that in it came out more than staying onsite. We both enjoy the atmosphere of a Disney resort but as this is an unexpected trip that I wasn't planning on taking I'm trying to do research into what hotel to stay at for the 6 nights we're in Orlando
I get it, you want the Disney magic . Have you thought of renting points at SSR or OKW?
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

In 2019 stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort for four nights without park tickets. I went to Disney Springs, did some resort hopping and one evening I had an event ticket. I am not one for pool days, but that would have been another option. I did this ahead of checking into another WDW resort which did come with tickets. I quite enjoyed pottering around WDW for a few days and would definitely do it again.

Edited at 09:54 AM.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

we just moved 5 nights at Pop Century to Margaritaville but our plan was to just wander around the hotels and Disney Springs (we will still do that at MV but we are doing a day at Epcot now as well)

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
I get it, you want the Disney magic . Have you thought of renting points at SSR or OKW?
I have looked into renting points but with things looking so uncertain still atm getting refunds for those points seems impossible! So thought the safest bet would be just booking one of the value resorts

I've only ever stayed at Port Orleans Riverside & Beach Club and hopefully in October we're going to stay at Grand Destino Tower so I figured why not add another resort to our list!

Old 29 Apr 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
In 2019 stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort for four nights without park tickets. I went to Disney Springs, did some resort hopping and one evening I had an event ticket. I am not one for pool days, but that would have been another option. I did this ahead of checking into another WDW resort which did come with tickets. I quite enjoyed pottering around WDW for a few days and would definitely do it again.
This what we were thinking of doing if we stayed on site! I think I would look into Pop Century (due to the skyliner) and just resort hop and wander around and go to DS in the evenings etc and maybe get a 1 or 2 day ticket to Disney so we could go into a park for 1 day. We just love the Disney resort atmosphere!