Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 May 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Ah80207
Excited about Disney

Weather in August

Hoping for some advice from dibbers who regularly go in August 😀 We usually go between March and June but are planning a three weeker next year and because of school it has to be August!

It’s coming in cheaper than we usually pay... especially the universal hotel where we’ll be staying for a week!

I’ve heard some doom and gloom stories about cloud cover all day, no sun and high humidity - we can deal with the humidity i think as we were ok in June, but it was lovely and sunny then. I’m expecting rain storms etc

It would be great to hear from dibbers who choose to go in August and any tips for the parks and managing the heat

Many thanks in advance!
Ah80207 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ah80207 View Post
I’ve heard some doom and gloom stories about cloud cover all day, no sun and high humidity - we can deal with the humidity i think as we were ok in June, but it was lovely and sunny then. I’m expecting rain storms etc
We go in August. It can be a mixed bag to be honest. A typical day is Sunshine until midday followed by clouds and possible storms in the afternoon.

We usually do our sunbathing by the pool in the morning and I would recommend going early to the water parks.

Yes, some days can be wet or cloudy but this is quite rare. However, its not like going to the Med where its wall to wall sunshine
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

It's hot as hell and carries the hurricane threat so I'd be surprised if August is anyone's first choice 😊

We have to go due to kids and mostly the other half working in a school.

If its wet, it tends to be in the afternoons so we do our sunbathing in the morning which is more than enough for us tbf.

Expect some lovely sunny days too and especially if you get to the gulf Coast.
Stokieuk is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Have a hot steamy shower for 30 mins in your clothes, get out of shower. That’s August.

Then a torrential downpour that could be 5 mins or 5 hours coupled with crazy lightning and thunder and maybe hail and winds lol 😂

Every day...
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Grant41
Gone all Goofy

The weather is fantastic, just be wary that literally every single day around 16:00 there's like a 30 min thunderstorm, that's about it, we go the last 2 weeks of August.
Grant41 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Grant41 View Post
The weather is fantastic, just be wary that literally every single day around 16:00 there's like a 30 min thunderstorm, that's about it, we go the last 2 weeks of August.
For ducks and storm chasers
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Always go July/August for the school holidays - you get used to it - I've learned to love it! Certainly better than not being there!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve only ever been end July/August so know no difference. It’s very humid but not unbearable! We get to parks for opening then tend to leave mid-afternoon then either shopping or pool time before the daily storm. I can never get over the volume of the thunder there! Unlike anywhere I’ve ever been.
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

We've been doing August since 2015 (which was the worst so far for thunderstorms)
It's always hot and humid - but everywhere is aircon (which can be too cold! )

The rain is mostly short lived and 20 mins after you'd have never known it was raining.

Sometimes its mad with torrential downpours, but it' still hot, so under cover it's still great, although I remember it being so bad on a couple of nights out that when parking (under cover) we had to remove shoes to walk through the rivers of water to get to the hotel entrance!

So really it's only downpours when you're 3 miles into a theme park that's a bit of a pain, rides close and everyone shelters. A lot of people can leave, but if you wait it out it stops, the rides open again and the lines are much shorter for a while.

Driving through a severe downpour can be very stressful...

It's never put us off going in August.

The only real issue is possible tropical storms and we left once with one arriving a day later which was horrendous.

Maybe some peeps who've experienced one of them could post what they think!
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

So far..three trips in August and much the same each time. Sunny, dry and hot AM. Then increasing humidity to mid afternoon from when you are pretty well guaranteed heavy rain showers for an hour or 2 or 3 maybe. Then dries out again. Has never been a downer for us. It's tropical not UK. If you time it right you can be in a ride queue whilst the rain falls and it'll be stopped before you get off!

My best advice is don't wear trainers in the afternoon. Sandals all the way for us. And don't get caught having to get to an ADR in Epcot world showcase. It's a long way from the gate to the other side in a thunderstorm!
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List