Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 May 21, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

We're in double digits... What's left to do?

Well we're pushing ahead with the positivity and putting plans into place. We're now into the double digits countdown and fingers crossed we can go!

Our initial itinerary was finished last night and I've booked in our park days for Seaworld and Busch Gardens. We're not doing Disney Parks this time and no need to book the Universal parks in advance. We're staying 1 night in Universal Resort so get express unlimited passes and early entry for the 2 days, so those days are organised. Volcano Bay decided so we can book our family cabana which I'll do today.

We're not planning any character dining or special events, the children are all teenagers this time!

There's 14 of us in the group so it's taken a while to get these initial plans in place but it's also kept everyone positive and looking forward in hope to our trip going ahead.

What else could I book in? Look to do?

Should we get the ESTAs done now just in case there's a boom in applications when travel announcements come through?

Would you book any restaurants seeing as we're a large group?
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

I would of done the estas months ago ..literally when I had just booked it ... people forget if your esta is denied and you have to go down the American embassy route it can take months and months to happen ..so if anyone gets a no your not authorised it’s going to be to late for them now ..yes definitely get your estas done asap
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
I would of done the estas months ago ..literally when I had just booked it ... people forget if your esta is denied and you have to go down the American embassy route it can take months and months to happen ..so if anyone gets a no your not authorised it’s going to be to late for them now ..yes definitely get your estas done asap
Oh really? We travel regularly, well we did, to the US and have always been told leave them til nearer time of travel so they last longer! Let's hope its OK this time!
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

For the sake of $14 we just renew our ESTA as soon as they expire. You never know when those bargain flights are going to appear. 😉

Better safe than sorry imho.
Old 4 May 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twinniemum View Post
Oh really? We travel regularly, well we did, to the US and have always been told leave them til nearer time of travel so they last longer! Let's hope its OK this time!
They last 2 years and for the sake of $14 and your peace of mind I and most people on here will advise to do them well in advance...just incase it’s not authorised
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Hollytigs
Imagineer

I’m almost in double digits. Tomorrow I’ll be sorting our ESTAs and first & last day hotels. I can’t do it today as DD doesn’t know we’ve booked so I have to wait until she’s at college tomorrow! Then I think all that’s left is dollars and travel insurance (haven’t done that yet as everything I have booked so far is cancellable).
Oh, and swimming costumes and summer shoes for DD as 2 years of no travel means she’s grown out of everything!
Hollytigs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilpickle08
slightly serious Dibber

Ohhhhhh ESTAs weren't even on my radar yet.. I need to be better organised as we're in double digits too!
Lilpickle08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
They last 2 years and for the sake of $14 and your peace of mind I and most people on here will advise to do them well in advance...just incase it’s not authorised
Some interesting reading in this thread

https://DIBB.in/14945473

If arranging a Florida holiday was a one day event?

Breakfast do ESTAs, lunchtime book holiday, evening meal do travel insurance - always in that order

Mick

Edited at 10:00 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lilpickle08 View Post
Ohhhhhh ESTAs weren't even on my radar yet.. I need to be better organised as we're in double digits too!
Haven't done ours either!
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Some interesting reading in this thread

https://DIBB.in/14945473

If arranging a Florida holiday was a one day event?

Breakfast do ESTAs, lunchtime book holiday, evening meal do travel insurance - always in that order

Mick
Completely agree mick and that’s what I did ...imagine spending a fortune on a holiday leaving estas till closer to the holiday and then coming back unauthorised...just isn’t worth the risk