Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Nov 21, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Recall after mammogram

Has anyone been recalled after a mammogram?
What should we expect?
My mum has just rang in a panic. She had her routine mammogram on Thursday and a letter requesting a recall for further investigation has just arrived. Her mum, my nan died at the age of 63 with breast cancer so my mum is now convinced that she now has cancer. She can’t feel any lumps which is good, I think.
Her appointment is on the 10th November and the letter says to let them know if someone can attend with them, I will go with her.
I have told her not to worry but she said she knew this would happen.
We lost my dad to cancer and my mums best friend passed away a couple of months ago with cancer. I just hate it.
I literally feel sick. Could this be just routine and nothing to worry about?
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyofboys
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Hi floridatilly, a lot if the time people are recalled because the images aren't clear. Breasts change all the depending on hormones/menopause. Although you will all be stressed try not to think the worst. I got breast cancer 3 years ago (aged 33) with no family history and doing really well. If they have seen anything at all on the mammogram they are worried about they will do a biopsy (insert a hollow needle and take a sample) they might also do an ultrasound. A lot of the time they are cysts. The breast service deal with a lot if benign things also. Hope all goes well xx

Edited at 02:54 PM.
mummyofboys is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've got no advise regarding being called back but my thoughts are with you FT and your family ❤
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I have and it’s abs awful waitingI was recalled as the image wasn’t good enough
A recall letter always says bring someone as they are stock letters just individual details added
No point in me saying don’t worry but really try not to
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I was recalled last time and it turned out to be just a cyst after a further mammogram

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JillyEd
Excited about Disney

How worrying for your mum.
Having been through something similar, not linked to breast cancer, I know how you must be worrying. My mum was also told once to come back for an appointment and asked if she could bring somebody with her, so I went. Totally different circumstances but horrible experience.
However, mammograms, I had a recall for one and it was nothing to worry about. They did a biopsy just to be sure but it was fine. They did leave me waiting a week after the biopsy to get the results which was torture waiting, but all was fine.
I do hope your mum’s results are the same.
JillyEd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DeepAK4
Helping Mickey

My daughter - 48 years - found a lump in her breast 2 weeks ago. She didn't tell me until she had an appointment at Marsden. No one could attend with her - Covid.
She text after examination and scan (No biopsy necessary) to be told nothing to worry about. Hormones apparently. No follow up, all clear.

and a friends daughter (43) was just the same - nothing to worry about.

Fingers crossed that all is good with your mum.
Old 1 Nov 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JillyEd View Post
How worrying for your mum.
Having been through something similar, not linked to breast cancer, I know how you must be worrying. My mum was also told once to come back for an appointment and asked if she could bring somebody with her, so I went. Totally different circumstances but horrible experience.
However, mammograms, I had a recall for one and it was nothing to worry about. They did a biopsy just to be sure but it was fine. They did leave me waiting a week after the biopsy to get the results which was torture waiting, but all was fine.
I do hope your mum’s results are the same.
I was thinking if they had found something nasty would they just repeat the mammogram? A friend of mine had a needle biopsy and they could tell by the colour it was benign.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I have just rang her back because she was upset. The letter says not to wear any deodorant or talc. There is a leaflet saying diagnosis will be given in the day and if its cancer then you will be referred to a breast surgeon. If a biopsy is needed then results will be in 7-10 days.
I am going to call later to read the letter myself. She is adamant its cancer because her mum and both aunts died of breast cancer.
She is already a nervous, anxious wreck after loosing my dad. Living off smoke and wine, down and depressed.
Its such a shame.
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey68
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I had a recall last time which was a concern as my aunt had just been diagnosed with breast cancer. It was fine the image wasn’t very clear on one side hence the recall. I went to the mobile unit and they said if a large vehicle goes past at the time the vibrations can affect the image. My repeat was at the hospital for that reason. Hope all is ok.