Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 5 Jan 22, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Emily90
Excited about Disney

Why do you love Dubai? Did anyone not like it?

Hi, Dubai seems to be a place that many love, and go back to regularly.

I am considering a holiday to Dubai (Atlantis hotel for 7 nights) next January (to beat the blues I am experiencing this year). Mainly because of its reasonable prices (compared to the caribbean) and reasonable flight time, and because it is guaranteed hot weather.

However, hubby isn't sure and even I was wondering what is it that makes Dubai special, and that people love?

Thank you
Emily90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Didn't like it at all, found it pretentious and racist. I'm in no rush to go back.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a few friends that live out there. They only tend to post the glamorous photos by the pool in hotels. Not the reality of the everyday life. It’s really not for me. But then I hate sun, sand and shopping, pretty much everything Dubai is so maybe I am biased!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I love Dubai - so many gorgeous hotels for a week of relaxing in the sun. I like that the weather is predictable too. I have always been for 5-7 days and have found that a good length of time to feel really recharged. I have really enjoyed the malls and Dubai fountains too.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Been once neither of us liked it for many reasons
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

NB I haven't been only transited through Abu Dhabi

it never appealed to us, seems largely fake/artificial & full of what i would call weekend millionaires

having watched that documentary on Dubai the other night, this has re enforced this opinion , admittedly this was a small cross section of residents who for whatever reason (money? ) agreed to appear on screen...

appreciate may people love it there but its not for me
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

We love Dubai!
The service in the hotels is amazing. We've been 3 times and plan to go back when travel restrictions are less unpredictable.
We've always stayed on The Palm at different hotels each time. Atlantis is an amazing experience and plenty of restaurant choices. There's usually upgrade offers to club level which is would def recommend whatever hotel you stay at.
Atlantis gives free admission to the waterpark which is amazing.
We've stayed at The Waldorf Astoria and Fairmont as well which were also lovely.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

On many subjects, I lack a moral compass.

On the Middle Eastern states, I do have one. I have an all encompassing hatred of racism and therefore cannot reconcile myself with the way the Arab States treat often desperately poor workers from the Indian sub continent. I will never visit any of these destinations on moral grounds.

There is more to decency and class than money. Just because they are awash with it doesn’t mean that I want anything to do with them.

That is simply me. I would not go even if I won it as a prize.

There, I said it.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 01:42 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I'm astonished why it's so popular with the LGBT+ sector.

Is it the 'naughty risk' kick? I find it totally baffling.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
RalphieBoy
Trying for More Ears

Stayed in Atlantis a few times and would say it's the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The waterpark is really good too but it's had a big expansion since my last visit.
I really enjoy going to Dubai as you can make of it what you want - a city break, a beach holiday, or a mix of both. If you're a foodie then there's plenty of choice of amazing restaurants as well spread throughout the city.
RalphieBoy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List