Old 14 Jan 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Give me some UK inspiration

I have had my annual telling off from work about the amount of annual leave I have, and have to take a week off between now and the end of March.
So I want to book a week, somewhere i can go with the dog.

I usually do Scotland. But I just don’t know if I can face the drive in my electric car. But I still would consider Scotland. (I’m NW)

Looking for relative quiet, but still walking distance to at least a large village with a pub or two.
Dog friendly
Nice walks
Either coastal or near some water for the dog
Friendly locals
The odd thing to do that isn’t walking and isn’t walks

My Scotland trips have been Aviemore and the NC500, and Aberfeldy/Pitlochry so not there I don’t think.
Also not Kendal or Northumberland coast as already booked in

I don’t know Wales at all. Are there any small towns that would fit my bill?

Any recommendations at all? Specific locations would be much appreciated so I can stick into air bnb

Thanks
Old 14 Jan 22, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Richmond North Yorkshire, they have some nice one bedroom cottages to rent that are pet friendly, reasonably priced too, some lovely walks and if you are near the little cobbled town plenty of places to eat.
I have been looking at cottages as we fancy a trip up there, my husband is from Richmond .
Post code would be DL10 4AB
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort

Edited at 05:28 PM.
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I have had my annual telling off from work about the amount of annual leave I have, and have to take a week off between now and the end of March.
So I want to book a week, somewhere i can go with the dog.

I usually do Scotland. But I just don’t know if I can face the drive in my electric car. But I still would consider Scotland. (I’m NW)

Looking for relative quiet, but still walking distance to at least a large village with a pub or two.
Dog friendly
Nice walks
Either coastal or near some water for the dog
Friendly locals
The odd thing to do that isn’t walking and isn’t walks

My Scotland trips have been Aviemore and the NC500, and Aberfeldy/Pitlochry so not there I don’t think.
Also not Kendal or Northumberland coast as already booked in

I don’t know Wales at all. Are there any small towns that would fit my bill?

Any recommendations at all? Specific locations would be much appreciated so I can stick into air bnb

Thanks
Tenby in South Wales is very pretty or in North Wales there’s Conwy, Rhos-on-sea or Llandudno which has plenty of beautiful beaches and the two Ormes for good walks. Very near Snowdonia too. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Richmond North Yorkshire, they have some nice one bedroom cottages to rent that are pet friendly, reasonably priced too, some lovely walks and if you are near the little cobbled town plenty of places to eat.
I have been looking at cottages as we fancy a trip up there, my husband is from Richmond .
Post code would be DL10 4AB
That’s a really good shout as I should be able to explore Harrogate etc. I don’t think I have been. Off to check out if the pubs are dog friendly
Old 14 Jan 22, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We love it here

hoseasons/lodges/p... oCNXoQAvD_BwE

20 mins drive to Scarborough or Whitby, 10 minute drive to Dalby forest, gorgeous walks from the site, gorgeous dog friendly bar and restaurant on site, lake on site if the dogs like a swim, 20 min walk in to Pickering.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

That’s a really good shout as I should be able to explore Harrogate etc. I don’t think I have been. Off to check out if the pubs are dog friendly
Skipton and surrounding has loads of dog friendly options too.
kateb78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

We visited the Yorkshire Dales in 2020, found lots to do there that was dog friendly. The waterfalls are beautiful, at Richmond you would not be a million miles from Aysgarth falls, slightly further are Hardraw falls (Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves was partly filmed here), Near Harrogate are Mother Shipton Caves, again dog friendly and the town they are in are worth a walk along the river.
We didn't find one pub that did not let us bring our dog inside.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by petit-pois View Post
Tenby in South Wales is very pretty or in North Wales there’s Conwy, Rhos-on-sea or Llandudno which has plenty of beautiful beaches and the two Ormes for good walks. Very near Snowdonia too. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Ahh Thankyou! I must say I don’t know wales very well at all, but I would love to explore more, I’ll have a good google
Old 14 Jan 22, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
We love it here

hoseasons/lodges/p... oCNXoQAvD_BwE

20 mins drive to Scarborough or Whitby, 10 minute drive to Dalby forest, gorgeous walks from the site, gorgeous dog friendly bar and restaurant on site, lake on site if the dogs like a swim, 20 min walk in to Pickering.
That’s a fab shout as my dog both loves a swim and a bar/restaurant but I can’t get any availability to pop up! Will bear it in mind for the future x
Old 14 Jan 22, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s a fab shout as my dog both loves a swim and a bar/restaurant but I can’t get any availability to pop up! Will bear it in mind for the future x
They may not have released dates to Hoseasons yet. If you call them directly you might be able to book that way - 01751 472630 - this is the number for Spencer's Bar and Grill which is the on site pub but they manage the bookings too. Ask for Marie if you do call. She's the owner.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List