Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Just Me, Myself And I... Spring 2022

I'm on my way!
Pre travel day has started with a
Negative test courtesy of Breathe Assured (very smooth process).
Caught the train from Cardiff to Paddington

Then hopped on the Heathrow Express to T3

I'm staying in the Aerotel for the first time. The rooms may be 'compact' and windowless but it certainly is convenient!

After a fairly sleepness night and a slight hitch with the Travelex bureau that I'd ordered currency from being closed I finally made it to check in. All of a 3 minute walk!
They asked to see all my documents but as soon as I mentioned I'd done Fly Ready and flashed the bar code I was ushered through to the upper class check in.

Currently sat in the Virgin Clubhouse enjoying breakfast and being plied with bubbles. None of this BA self-service malarkey

"Good morning, how are you?
More champagne... ?"

Could definitely get used to this 😅
Just waiting for the gate to be announced.

Here's today's menu

Lovin the tail cam on board

Food pics as requested.
This is the salmon starter with a warm bread roll

The breaded chicken main.
Chicken was good, potato was a little underdone for my taste

Passion fruit and chocolate dome dessert. Not my favourite flavour but if you like passionfruit...

Cream tea served before landing. Lemon curd was a nice change

I'm now at Aventura after using Lyft for the first time. Cost was $31 + tip. All worked smoothly once I worked out where the pick up point was- only waited 5 mins.
I have a theme park view, king room on the 10th floor.
Not sure whether to go to the parks or grab some food at City Walk 🤔

Gotta love the 4am jet lag 😴
Plan is to hit IOA for early entry and try to do Hagrids then Velocicoaster.

In line for Hagrid's

It's 9:15 and I've managed to do Hagrids and Velocicoaster. Early entry was definitely worth it 👌

Time to have a breather and cool off back at Aventura.
Caught the shuttle to the parks this morning, arrived about 7-30 for 8am early entry at IoA. Followed the throng heading to Hagrid's which was posted a 70 minute wait at 7:55. The line didn't stop moving until we went inside and I guess I was on the ride around 8:40. Thoroughly enjoyed this, got to ride the bike, 2nd row and it was far more intense than I expected.
Hot footed it over to Velocicoaster- still before 9am but the crowds were building. Single rider line was shut but I joined the main line (30 mins posted) - only waited about 15-20 mins.
Grabbed a frozen butter beer then rode Forbidden Journey - single rider - walk on.
Gringotts was showing a short wait and Hogwarts Express was a posted 15 minute wait (but was actually longer) so I hopped across to Studios. By the time I got there Gringotts was down so I grabbed an ice cream and sat in the sun watching the Night Bus conductor.
Single rider - MiB - walk on, and I outscored the young men in my car much to their disgust 😅 Wasn't even a good score!
Right on cue I got an alert that Gringotts was back up. You guessed it - single rider - walk on 😁 wait was posted at 30 mins.
Caught the boat back to Sapphire Falls around noon. Achieved a fair bit today- ticked off the essentials already.
May chill by the pool or go shopping this afternoon - but I do need to get some lunch...

Shopping won. Already walked 7.5 miles today so now chilling in Bar 17 at Aventura

Great view of Volcano Bay too

Hit early entry again this morning as it worked so well yesterday and I'm still in that jet lagged phase.
Hagrid's was only a 20 minute wait - not the 45 posted...

Then across to Velocicoaster- single rider line was open this morning so I rode twice ( first one a walk on, second about 20 mins)

After a ( poor) breakfast at the Three Broomsticks I just pottered around, taking pics - though I haven't taken my camera into the park yet - and hopping in single rider lines.

Walked across to Studios and watched Bourbe Stuntacular for the first time then caught the boat back. Going to have an hour or two by the pool and then maybe head back in to take some proper pics. The parks were clogged up with fifth graders 'graduating' and some large cheer groups competing in IoA. Never seen so many sparkley bows and bouffant hair. It's grad bash this weekend so I'll be making the most of the parks tomorrow and do more chilling Saturday before heading to Disney on Sunday

My OH doesn't like heights so I don't usually get to drink at rooftop bars. Would be a shame not to take advantage of being solo 🙂

Decided to try these today 🙂
Another early entry successfully negotiated. Benefit of travelling solo is I can get up and get out. Do just the things I want to do ( Hagrid's & Velocicoaster) and leave. The transport from Aventura is working well for me. I'm using the shuttle in and catching the boat back to Sapphire Falls. The water taxis going into the parks in the mornings have long lines and it's quicker on the bus. Guests at Aventura and Cabana Bay are making use of the water taxi- the boat captains are giving directions and advice at City Walk when asked if they are allowed to use them.

Meet and greet outside Toothsome

Bought the refillable mug on arrival - $18 for length of stay. The hotel has freestyle machines as well as the usual coffee etc. Already had my money's worth and discovered Fanta lime 👍
Thank you to whoever mentioned you can get water for free from the freestyle machines as well - useful for filling my water bottle on the way out to the parks in the morning as well as in the parks 👌

Aventura king room.
Clean and modern. Floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows.
King bed + sofa bed.

Obligatory bathroom area shot. Has a walk in shower, sink area is in the vestibule ( very important to know this when turning the lights on/off from the tablet.

View back towards the door.
Coffee maker and mini fridge.
Plenty of usb sockets.
Small closet by the door- not much room for storing suitcases.

Day 4

Change of plan this morning. After 3 rope drops I didn't feel like hustling out this morning (perks of travelling solo) even though I was awake & up.
Managed to watch the Wales v Italy match via VPN whilst watching Velocicoaster weaving its way through IoA from the window.
Rain forecast for this pm (maybe) so I'm going to chill by the pool and head into the park later for lunch and maybe a single rider line or two. I've already done the rides I wanted to do multiple times so if i don't, then I don't 🙃

Had a very chilled day today. After a morning by the pool, I managed to snag a reservation for Toothsome. Food was fairly good (didn't have a shake!) but I felt really rushed. Was asked if I wanted dessert whilst I was still eating my main and the bill was thrown on the table with the dessert ' none of the usual "whenever you're ready" or "would you like another drink"? Oh and my meal arrived well before my drink and the server never even said thank you or do you need any change - just took the folder away.
Headed into studios and did Gringotts and MiB before doing a bit if shopping in the Legacy Store. After seeing the crowds spewing out of the park yesterday (6pm close for GradBash - itcwas carnage!) decided that I'd leave for the day.
It's a very different atmosphere on a Friday/ Saturday evening both in the parks and the hotel.

Day 5 - transfer day
It hit me yesterday how fatigued I still am from covid. It's been 8 weeks and I'm still physically exhausted. I've been taking it easy, doing things a little at a time- no park open to park close like I used to.
I'd finished most of my packing last night and early entry has reverted to 8am so I made the most of a quick rope drop to ride Hagrid's (again 😅 ) and caught the bus back to Cabana Bay for breakfast shortly after 9. I had the whole bus to myself 😄 I walked the garden walk back to Aventura after seeing a few brave souls crossing the road. It's frustrating that there's no crossing but it's a nice enough walk.
Just tidying up a few things then I'll be Lyft/Ubering to Pop.

Day 5 Pop Century
I've arrived and so did my 50th MagicBand ( ordered via VPN a long time ago)

I'm in the 70s building which is what I requested. Check in said there was a room ready for me in 90s - as far away from everything as possible) if I wanted a room early so I said I'd wait. A quick phone call later and I'm in building 10.

...and my dining credits email arrived whilst I was at the check-in desk 👍

Bit of a weird experience coming through the new security channels at Epcot. Apparently I shouldn't be bringing an umbrella, a metal water bottle and a power bank for my phone into the park cos it sets the alarms off. Security lady was quite off with me 🙁

Day 6 - Hollywood Sudios
Plan for today - see Galaxy's Edge. Went "all in" today with IAS for Rise and Genie+ - not something I'm planning on making a habit of. Didn't do too badly, the only thing I didn't get was Slinky but I prioritised ToT. Single rider for Smuggler's was walk on every time & I did a 10 minute standby for Star Tours to kill some time between lightning lanes.

Smuggler's x3
Rise
Mickey & Minnie's runaway railway
Tower
Swirling Saucers
Toy story Mania

Not bad by 2-30pm

Lunch at Rosie's - can recommend the s'mores cupcake 🧁
Also spent some time just soaking in the atmosphere in Galaxy's Edge- was pretty cool (in 90 degrees heat&#127774. Lots of photopass opportunities too

There are plenty of options for LL in other parks I could still utilise but I have an early start tomorrow for KTTK so may just chill at the resort. Its been a good day 🌞

That s'mores cupcake 😍

The incident with the grumpy security guard yesterday must have been a one off. At DHS I set the metal detector off again and got pulled for a bag search. "Oh - it's just the umbrella ma'am, next time take it out if the bag and hold it out in front away from your body and you won't have to do this every time"
There you go, now I know 🙂

Day 7 - Magic Kingdom
All checked in for my Keys to the Kingdom tour

Magic Kindom day.
Something exciting happened today. As part of out Keys to the Kingdom tour we got to take part in the parade - with the grand Marshall's car.

Cont...
Only from the start to Liberty Square but it was quite an experience walking and waving to everyone 😁

May the Fourth be with you ✨️

Galaxy's Edge proposal ❤

May 4th
Celebrating Star Wars Day with a fuzzy tauntaun in Oga's

Day? Animal Kingdom
It's not 10am yet am I'm done for the morning 😁
Going to be even hotter than yesterday so off to do a bit of shopping then some pool time. Will hit another park later - if I can get the swelling down in my ankle 😕

After a short morning in AK - only rode FOP, Everest and Dinosaur - I got a lyft to Target to do some shopping. Picked up some snacks, beer and some cute shirts for my two new(ish) great nephews.
Spent a bit of time by the pool but it was way too hot for me so I headed to Epcot for some lunch at Katsura Grill. The I finally, finally tried the frushi 😁

May 5th Epcot
There was a media event for Cosmic Rewind today - managed to sneak a pic through the hedges at the stage all set up ready 😀

May 6th
After the heat of yesterday I decided that today was a shopping day. Got a Lyft over to Vineland outlets ($14) just before 10am. The Disney outlet had very little of note apart from a load of Dooney & Bourke bags that seemed to be rather popular. Not for me though.
Bought a few bits in the Vera Bradley store and a new purse from Kipling. TBH I've found the shopping pretty poor compared to previous trips.
Walked over to Regency Village for lunch -no prizes for guessing where 😁 didn't disappoint.

May 7th
10am and currently queuing for a cookie. Must be mad 😅

Had a very windy skyliner ride across to international gateway. Just waiting to check in for my Beach & Cream reservation.

My dining credits gift card has been declined twice today already - others on here have reported the same 🙂 Slightly inconvenient when you've planned around using it.

Change of plan.
Epcot on a Saturday night is not for me. Riding the Skyliner over to DHS for the rest of the evening.

May 8th Animal Kingdom
Early start today after a couple of slower mornings. We'll it would have been early entry (for FOP) if the Disney buses had obliged 🙄
Still, the aim was to ride Navii river, Safari & Everest - FOP would have been a bonus but wasn't on the to-do list. It's now 0930 - Navii was a 10 min wait - I refuse to queue any longer for it, the safari was posted 5 minutes but took 20 and I've ridden Everest twice, including front row for the first time. Ideally I'd park hop now but can't until 2pm. Ho hum!

Decided to have a very early lunch when Flame Tree opened and got a spot down by the water. Turns out it was a perfect place for watching Kitetails.
Time to cool off so I headed back to the resort via AoA but as I passed the skyliner station, decided to hop across to Riviera to explore. I'd wanted to stay here for a few nights as part of my trip but wouldn't commit to a non-refundable booking so missed on on availability.
Chilled by the water with a drink before heading back to Pop.
Not sure what to do this evening yet - not seen any fireworks!

Time for a visit to my favourite resort. Took the launch across the the Poly from MK and enjoyed a dole whip and sit on the beach before popping into MK for an hour.
The heat and my left ankle seem to be at odds with each other and I'm struggling with the swelling so I've had to come back to Pop for a while. Not had housekeeping again today- bins are full and I've run out of coffee!

May 9th
Another rope drop morning - this time Epcot with the aim being to ride Remy. There was a sizeable queue for the Skyliner at 7am when it opened but I was still on my way by 7:10 and at international gateway before 7:30.
Turnstiles were slightly late opening but I was off Remy by 8:10 so less than 20 minute line.
Strolled around world showcase with a coffee just appreciating the lack of crowds and drinking

After riding Remy, Test Track and Soarin I decided to hit Disney Springs and Vineland again before heading back to Pop to freshen up for dinner. I had a reservation in Space 220 lounge. What a fun experience to sit at the bar and drink off menu cocktails! They'd stopped doing the lobster roll i wanted so I ended up with a dessert instead. It was good. The drink was a white rum based cocktail called 'Figment' - it was two tone orange and purple. Christopher is a full time mixologist and created drinks for most of the bar clientele. Spent a pleasant hour chatting to him and the couple sat next to me who'd just ridden Guardians for the second time.

May 10th
Just chilling this morning - stacking Genie+ rides for later and looking miserably at my suitcases.
Here's one if my fave pics from Epcot yesterday for now...

May 11th
On to my last full day.
Spent a pleasant evening having drinks & apps at Martha's Vineyard at the Beach Club. I'd cancelled my Ale & Compass reservation as I just wasn't in the mood for large meals. Been happier snacking. There was a huge private event out on the beach and gardens - don't thinknid have been happy if I'd had a room overlooking crescent lake! Managed a skyliner ride watching the spaceship Earth beacon & lights.

This morning I've started my packing and plan an hour or two by the pool. The weather is really pleasant at the moment. Getting picked up around 10-30 tomorrow as I'm flying indirect via atlanta so need to get a start on getting sorted. PE is full and the upgrade cost to UC is over £6k 🙈

Final night dinner view.
Spent the afternoon in Magic Kingdom. I've not taken my camera into the parks very much but have been experimenting with a couple of different prime lenses. Wanted to try a slightly longer one on the parade.
Have checked in for my flights home tomorrow but my transatlantic leg now says 'seat assigned at gate'. Ah well...

May 12th - travel home day
An hour til I get picked up by Mears 🤞🤞
Had quite a disappointing meal at the Boathouse last night - was a shame as I'd cancelled some of my other ADRs but kept this one as a final night treat. Certainly wasn't a $90 experience - but that'll keep for a fuller review!
Silly ne thought the line for Gideon's might be short in the evening- no chance 🤣
Caught the bus back to Pop - an eventful journey resulting in a little girl throwing up all over her dad. Amazing how much we keep in our park bags 'just in case' that came in useful - poor dad 🤮

Going home with an extra case - though I don't really seem to have bought very much. Most of the extra space has been taken up with bulky birthday presents for my great-nephews - I'm not used to buying for boys!

So - cheers all, enjoy the Duck Duck Razz 🍸

May 12th
Currently sat at MCO.
Mears turned up promptly and we were at the airport on 25 mins.
There's a 40+ minute queue for security and as there's more than 2 hours til my flight then I'm supposed to wait.

May 12th
Flight was full but all went smoothly to Atlanta where I had about 3 hours to wait. Landed at Terminal A and caught the Plane Train to Terminal F. Nice open and airy place.

May12-13th
Flight back was horrible. The PE seats on the new planes are so narrow and uncomfortable and with a full cabin there was no room to breathe. Food choices were yucky so went hungry but at least we got several glasses of prosecco! Several rows of IFE were not working and the external cameras were u/s. Had a manspreader sat next to me which wasn't ideal.
Breakfast was a pain au chocolat - seems not all options were loaded for breakfast either.
However we landed on time, e-gates were working and the luggage made it.
Caught the HEx to Paddington and chilled in the GWR lounge until my train.
My OH came to meet me in Cardiff - bless him I think he missed me really 😅

Just realised I put a picture of a Delta plane up on the last update. To clarify- I flew Delta Comfort+ MCO- ATL and Virgin PE ATL- LHR 👍

Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 22, 03:47 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Have a great trip and sate travel day 🤩
Old 26 Apr 22, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Oh looks lovely so far, happy travels
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 22, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I shall follow you closely as have my first UC flight next month from LHR. Hopefully you’ll post lots of pictures of the food on the flight!
Old 26 Apr 22, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Have a great trip
Old 26 Apr 22, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Looks good 🥰
Have a safe journey x

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 22, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Have a great time! Love the photo report. Upper looks fabulous.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 22, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Have a great trip! Fab view 😍
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 22, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Have an amazing time x
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List