Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
US Rent A Car
Unread 7 Apr 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Serious Dibber

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks everyone. I completely agree that that they are different experiences. I think it not about comparing the parks really more about realive value for money.

An on site stay with flights will be a couple of grand. My husband just feels its bad value relatively but I'm working on him. I'm starting to explore annual passes and maybe off site. Which may well work out cheaper. I think if we were closer to the south I'd be there at least twice a year.

The main appeal of onsite is the extra magic hour assess- I remember it being a good perk last time we visited.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First Onsite Trip
Unread 7 Apr 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Im sure you could go for less than that!

I believe you can get rooms for 5 at Santa Fe but you have to phone.

Alternatively the Magic Plus annual passes have EMH (now EMT) included.

Try going out of season and arriving on a weekday. Many people like May half term (although this year that includes Ascension Day which is a public holiday).

We used Avios for flights last year so they were 35 each.

Edited at 07:32 PM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Budget DLP trip!
Gill H is going to the DIBBcast Grand Day Out!
Unread 12 Apr 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahc2116
Helping Donald

Mobile

I've been to both wdw and dlp. I really didn't want to do dlp as I felt it wouldn't live up to my wdw expectations but due to different reasons I haven't been able to take my children to wdw so I bit the bullet and did dlp. I went with an open mind, which is definitely a must! It's no use comparing as the holiday is a completely different experience. I absolutely loved dlp. I loved the no rushing as there is just the two parks to come and go to. We stayed on site so had extra magic hours and was in walking distance to the parks. I loved that we could walk. I'm hoping to go back to dlp again this year!
sarahc2116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
kenville
Trying for More Ears

Ive only ever been DLP and been blown away by it. Cant wait till we go again. Would love to go WDW but with two kids the price just seems unbelievably high.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
Getting Excited

Mobile

I've been to WDW once and DLP three times. We went to DLP in 2017 just to get a bit of Disney magic as I couldn't wait until our 2020 WDW visit. We absolutely loved it, so much in fact, that we went again in 2018. We love that it's Disney with a European feel and all CMs have been nothing but kind and friendly towards us. We love that everything is all within walking distance and feels more like a magic 'bubble' to us. I think if you go into it with an open mind, you'll be pleasantly surprised 🙂 We're planning on going back again in a few years as all our savings are going towards WDW but I do miss it and can't wait to go back again.
Unread 16 Apr 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Used to be annual passholders at DLP and loved it, went to WDW in 2015 came back in August and went to dlp in October boy what a mistake. We felt it was flat no Disney magic just second rate and we had never felt that before didnt renew annual passes. Went WDW 2017 and California 2018 thinking of trying DLP again this year but it needs to be fitted in with something else so that we dont get the disappointment.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CSR Construction Site
Unread 16 Apr 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I'm of the opposite mind set. Been going to DLP since it opened, finally going to WDW for first time end of July, we will be home for 9 days then head off to DLP with the rest of the family and I can't wait. I'm actually looking forward to DLP more for some strange reason, I think it may be due to the familiarity and knowing how close we are to the parks and the less planning, you can just go with the flow. I'm going to WDW with the mind set that it's a different resort so everything will be different and not to compare.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dream WDW Holiday
Unread 17 Apr 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

I wrote a blog post on this which may help. I think both are quite different places though and offer a different experience so Id recommend doing both

towelstravels.wordpress/...he-difference/
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Towels @ Disney World