Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Unread 20 Apr 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
I like the no smoking, no queue jumping... of WDW
No queue jumping? You've never fell foul of groups of Brazillian tourists then?
Unread 20 Apr 19, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm with your hubby on this one. I have been to ever park and DLP is the only one I wouldn't go back to. Why not go Hong Kong or Tokyo for something different?
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Tokyo DisneySea again...
MissVincent Loves the DIBBcast Disney Podcast
Unread 21 Apr 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
You can't "convince" anyone. No point trying. It's boils down to opinion rather than any one fact.

It's a shame that DLP has a reputation with some.

In my opinion it's a beautiful park, and A LOT cheaper than going to equivalent holidays to the other international parks. It's my easy Disney fix.

Anyone who wants to know if DLP is better or worse than WDW, I suggest they go with an open mind and find out for themselves.

Ultimately, if people go to DLP wanting and expecting WDW, then they should go to WDW.

Edited at 09:40 AM.
blusteryday is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Center Parcs UK & DLP Bonanza
Unread 21 Apr 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
GjDisney
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Ive done both WDW DLP 4x each and I love DLP - I see it as my home park.

For me its the best magic kingdom shall we call it. Castle is amazing with a dragon in the basement, whats not to love? Also on a personal level the rides are a better class. Space mountains imagineering is god level, great versions of big Thunder, Pirates, Mansion and Small world. The castle show I enjoyed more then my last trip to WDW last year also.

Hollywood is still a bit bare but has Toy story and crush and the parks are next door to each other. Id love a toy story mania but apart from that and slinky at the moment the parks for me arent that far from each other in terms of things to do.

Id pick WDW every day of the week for the spectacle, food, choice, weather, extra parks and the flight of passage but Paris is for me a little hidden gem.
GjDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP Pre Wedding
Unread 21 Apr 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Im sure you could go for less than that!

I believe you can get rooms for 5 at Santa Fe but you have to phone.

Alternatively the Magic Plus annual passes have EMH (now EMT) included.

Try going out of season and arriving on a weekday. Many people like May half term (although this year that includes Ascension Day which is a public holiday).

We used Avios for flights last year so they were 35 each.
Update - the Magic Plus annual passes don't have EMT included any more, sadly.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Budget DLP trip!
Gill H is going to the DIBBcast Grand Day Out!
Unread 21 Apr 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

OP, we just got back from a 4 night trip to DLP after 3 trips to WDW. For us, we will be saving up to go back to WDW.

Disneyland park was absolutely gorgeous and full of great details. We loved the castle and the dragon and the arcades and the general explorability. But extra magic hours didnt really work (they didnt bother opening some rides or switched them), only a few rides have FastPass and the others are slow loaders and hard to get on so we queued way more in this one trip than we have done in 3 longer WDW trips. Also we love trying all the WDW restaurants and DLP was a big let down in terms of food. Also a real lack of interesting merchandise (hardly any womens cut t shirts?!).

Also we really missed the magic that Orlando cast members add.

I think it is really such an individual choice! Worth trying though!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Taking our baby!
Unread 21 Apr 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Extra Magic Time is pretty much always the same rides - yes, not many but if you get there first thing you can do Peter Pan, Carousel, Teacups, Dumbo all as walk ons, then go through to Discoveryland and do Buzz, Orbitron and Space Mountain with virtually no queue either. Then go to Frontierland for your BTMR Fastpass and you've done half the park before 11am.

We would never want to go during the Easter holidays (busiest time as the whole of Europe is off at the same time) but we have been many times at quieter times of year and in 11 trips we have never waited more than 40 minutes for anything. All comes down to strategy.

Agree the merch is somewhat lacking and the fast food not great (though the more expensive restaurants can be superb - save your money for the likes of Remy or Walt's).

Interestingly the tactics seem to be the same for Tokyo Disneyland and Disneyland Anaheim - both 'locals' parks so the wisdom is avoid all weekends and public holidays.

As with so many things, WDW is the exception, not the rule.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Budget DLP trip!
Gill H is going to the DIBBcast Grand Day Out!
Unread 21 Apr 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Update - the Magic Plus annual passes don't have EMT included any more, sadly.
According to the website the Magic Plus does still include access to EMT. I think it was just guest storage that was taken off from 1 April.

Also, Big Thunder Mountain was added to the list of EMT rides from 1 April.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our 2nd WDW Holiday.
Florida Escapes