Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 13 May 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

No more cans of drink at GF Sequoia Lodge

Hi all,

Arrived today and went to the lounge to get some drinks to take back to the room and they dont have cans you can help yourself to anymore! Now theres a bar and a server who will pour you a glass of coke/sprite etc.

It might but be a big deal to some but its annoying! A small bottle of coke is 3.69 from their shop, which is probably why they dont have a help yourself selection anymore!

FYI - we went to the mini shop at MLV Station and got 1.25l coke for 2.20 each. Also got wine but forgot you have to take it back to hotel by bus as cant it through downtown Disney (or whatever its called)

Edited at 06:23 PM.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First trip as a family of four
arielrocks is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 13 May 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Oh no. Thats a real pain. One reason I was looking forward to GF is the ability to take drinks into the park and not have to pay their ridiculous prices. Its not as if GF is exactly cheap! I expect some previous guests have completely taken advantage and helped themselves to far more than was necessary. We have never stayed at SL before so have no point of reference, but it is a shame.
Thanks for the update.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A rendezvous with DLP
Unread 13 May 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
Oh no. Thats a real pain. One reason I was looking forward to GF is the ability to take drinks into the park and not have to pay their ridiculous prices. Its not as if GF is exactly cheap! I expect some previous guests have completely taken advantage and helped themselves to far more than was necessary. We have never stayed at SL before so have no point of reference, but it is a shame.
Thanks for the update.
Yep, we are/were the same. Im really disappointed in this, I feel that they should have updated guests to the changes.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 13 May 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Not done GF yet (some day Abu...) but on our last trip, at least three British families boasted to us about how much food they had taken from the buffet breakfast to have later.

Not really surprised GF are stopping this - some guests were probably taking enough to start their own bar...!

Its a shame for the majority who play by the rules though.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Budget DLP trip!
Gill H is going to the DIBBcast Grand Day Out!
Unread 14 May 19, 06:00 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Not done GF yet (some day Abu...) but on our last trip, at least three British families boasted to us about how much food they had taken from the buffet breakfast to have later.

Not really surprised GF are stopping this - some guests were probably taking enough to start their own bar...!

Its a shame for the majority who play by the rules though.
Its a tricky one because on one hand youve paid for it so should be able to have whatever you like. But I suspect the drinks have made them realise theres money to be made so theyve cut right back.
Unread 14 May 19, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMum006
I have Ears

Mobile

Really unhappy with this. We would usually collect 2 cans a day each for the parks so we don't have to buy drinks. Is bottled water/juice still available to take out?
DisneyMum006 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMum006
I have Ears

Mobile

They had a server there monitoring the fridge the last time we went, if you said to take away for later do you think you could still get this? Will certainly be trying in August!
DisneyMum006 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Its a tricky one because on one hand youve paid for it so should be able to have whatever you like. But I suspect the drinks have made them realise theres money to be made so theyve cut right back.
Have you though? I dont know what the conditions are of this sort of thing generally (not just in Disney). I would expect it to cover food and drink you choose to have while actually in the room. If you can take stuff away for later, to me that is a nice bonus but I wouldnt expect it.

In the same way as if you go to an unlimited pizza buffet like Pizza Hut do, I would not expect to be able to take a pizza home for later.

I know that in Salon Mickey at DLP you can have free hot and cold drinks but you cant take them away for later.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Budget DLP trip!
Gill H is going to the DIBBcast Grand Day Out!
Orlando Attractions