Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Unread 14 May 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
slightly serious Dibber

I can see why they've made this change; it's the same reason they removed "free" breakfasts from the hotels... I lost count of the number of times I saw people making a production line at the breakfast table of ham/cheese rolls to take with them into the park as a picnic. It will be the same with the GF lounge; for the past few years people have been using this lounge as a way of taking "free" drinks within them into the parks which is not what the lounge was intended for, now I'm sure if it was just one drink each no-one would have batted an eyelid but we've heard people bragging about taking 3/4 each every day.. that soon adds up.

So once again it's a case of a few ruining it for all.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Princesses and Pirates at DLP
Unread 14 May 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Stubbs86
Excited about Disney

My understanding from staying in GF twice was that officially the food and drink was always meant to be consumed in the Golden Forest Lounge - however the staff were happy for you to take a couple of drinks up to your room for the evening etc.

It seems some people have taken the wee wee and they are now enforcing the rule that the drinks are for when you are in the lounge.

Germany/Netherlands Roadtrip May 2018 - Europa Park & Efteling
DLP October 2018 - Cheyenne in Halloween season
Alton Towers March 2019 & May 2019 - solo days out
Stubbs86 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
Imagineer

Knew this would happen, as Ive stayed here numerous times & ive seen plenty of people abusing it as per. Weve taken a drink or 2 each but always asked the CM was it ok & they were more than happy for us to do this. But people just rip the **** out of it as always.🤬

Wonder is it the same at NPBC?

Edited at 10:45 AM.
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Galaxy's Edge & Coronado Springs.
Unread 14 May 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMum006
I have Ears

Mobile

I always saw this as a perk of staying GF. To be able to access drinks, put them in your room fridge etc and take them out the next day. Drinks for a family of 4 can cost 16euros in the parks. Its ridiculous!

When booking GF you are paying quite a bit extra. Rooms are the same size, normal queue for check in can often be shorter than separate one where they take extra time. Normal breakfast rooms now have hot items. No characters in the lounge anymore. If you choose to spend most of the time in the parks you generally miss the snacks/drinks times anyway which falls when it's parade time. So what actually are you paying extra for?

My upcoming stay is at GF but im now thinking maybe we should have booked standard as it seems all the benefits are being removed
DisneyMum006 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

There are small bottles of water that you can help yourself to. All juices and fizz and dished out to you. The fridges are locked but theres only big cartons and bottles anyway.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First trip as a family of four
arielrocks is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 14 May 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Have you though? I dont know what the conditions are of this sort of thing generally (not just in Disney). I would expect it to cover food and drink you choose to have while actually in the room. If you can take stuff away for later, to me that is a nice bonus but I wouldnt expect it.

In the same way as if you go to an unlimited pizza buffet like Pizza Hut do, I would not expect to be able to take a pizza home for later.

I know that in Salon Mickey at DLP you can have free hot and cold drinks but you cant take them away for later.
I say whatever you like but mean in moderation. If they didnt want you doing it then they wouldnt have let you in the past. And the cms never minded when asked.

Anyway, not an option anymore.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First trip as a family of four
arielrocks is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Unread 14 May 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger mad
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

So can I just clarify, do you now have to pay for drinks in the club lounge? I thought it was a perk of booking that level of room. Only stayed standard last time but if taking a wee one next year I was thinking of a club room because of fridge (to store milk) and the snacks for older kid would be a bonus.
Tigger mad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tigger mad View Post
So can I just clarify, do you now have to pay for drinks in the club lounge? I thought it was a perk of booking that level of room. Only stayed standard last time but if taking a wee one next year I was thinking of a club room because of fridge (to store milk) and the snacks for older kid would be a bonus.
I believe the drinks are still free, but they now only have large bottles and cartons from which to serve them, rather than small sizes that you used to be able to take from the lounge with you. Any drinks you want outside of the lounge will need to be paid for.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A rendezvous with DLP
Discount Florida Car Hire