Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Unread 19 May 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Carton
New Poster (3)

Mobile Dining plan

Hi. Im sure these questions have all been asked a million times before but bear with me.

We are visiting DLP in December for the first time with our 3 year old. Staying at Cheyenne and got standard plan included.

1) How far in advance do I need to book restaurants and how do I do it?

2) Can breakfast only be in our own hotel and do I need to book this?

3) Planning to pay an upgrade to go to Bistro Remy as son currently loves Ratatouille. Any idea how much this will cost?

4) Any must do restaurants? My son loves his food but isnt so bothered about characters.

Think thats it for now!

TIA!
Carton is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Booking restaurant is 60 days for ever day you are there. Usually by phone.
Breakfast is back in your own hotel and you just get rough times when you check in.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dream WDW Holiday
Unread 19 May 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
slightly serious Dibber

If you book online (through the Dutch site, and someone on Twitter said the German site, too) you can book way more in advance now. I booked my restaurants for August in February. The confirmation e-mails are in the language of the site you use, but that's no issue at all.

I never had to give/choose a time for breakfast in October at Santa Fe, or previously at Sequoia Lodge. I'm not sure if they'll change back to this with the free plans including hotel breakfast again now.

I think the standard plan face value is 29 & 17 so all you need to do is check out the menus online. The face value will be deducted from your bill. Drinks will have to be paid for in this instance too, you won't get a free one as you do using the plan in the specific restaurants for your level. They're happy to give you a jug of tap water for the table too, I find this handy as drinks are extortionate. So even if you decide to purchase one drink, you can get water also.

Standard restaurants I've used are Plaza Gardens: would recommend, La Cantina: would recommend, Cafe Agrabah: would only recommend if you haven't got fussy eaters. Personally I didn't enjoy it, but the theme is brilliant! Xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Seems like I'm going back next summer!
Unread 21 May 19, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

La Grange at Billy Bobs in the Village is also on the standard plan. Excellent buffet, probably the best standard level buffet.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Budget DLP trip!
Gill H is going to the DIBBcast Grand Day Out!
Unread 22 May 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
La Grange at Billy Bobs in the Village is also on the standard plan. Excellent buffet, probably the best standard level buffet.
Agreed! We were really impressed with the food here.
WDW DIBBVilla Booking October 2020!
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Can't wait to go back to the magic!
Unread 22 May 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Apprentice Imagineer

All the standard buffets are great for children who like their food! The theming isnt great in Restaurant des Stars, but my two LOVE the desserts there (as do I!) They really enjoyed the buffet at La Cantina in Santa Fe (only 5 mins walk across the bridge from Cheyenne) - all the make your own bits were fun for them (pasta, nachos, etc) and they loved the chocolate fountain with fruits and sweets.

Our favourite was probably Plaza Gardens though - lovely surroundings and lovely food.
Unread 22 May 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Earning More Ears

we loved the agrabah (aladdin) themed buffet and actually found it great for childre, lots of hummus and dips and flat breads, lots of kebab style meats etc. The puddings weren't great.

We found Plaza gardens the worst of the bunch, far too busy and very standard luke warm food.

the puddings at Des Stars were great! especially the top your own whippy ice cream for the kids. endless sweeties! lol

we haven't tried billy bobs but its on my wish for next time.
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our DLP Holiday - May Half Term!
Unread 22 May 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Did they not have the pancakes at Agrabah with that amazing chocolate sauce? So creamy.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Budget DLP trip!
Gill H is going to the DIBBcast Grand Day Out!
Eat and Play Card