Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 19 May 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Carton
Looking for my Ears

Mobile Dining plan

Hi. I’m sure these questions have all been asked a million times before but bear with me.

We are visiting DLP in December for the first time with our 3 year old. Staying at Cheyenne and got standard plan included.

1) How far in advance do I need to book restaurants and how do I do it?

2) Can breakfast only be in our own hotel and do I need to book this?

3) Planning to pay an upgrade to go to Bistro Remy as son currently loves Ratatouille. Any idea how much this will cost?

4) Any must do restaurants? My son loves his food but isn’t so bothered about characters.

Think that’s it for now!

TIA!
Carton is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Booking restaurant is 60 days for ever day you are there. Usually by phone.
Breakfast is back in your own hotel and you just get rough times when you check in.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

If you book online (through the Dutch site, and someone on Twitter said the German site, too) you can book way more in advance now. I booked my restaurants for August in February. The confirmation e-mails are in the language of the site you use, but that's no issue at all.

I never had to give/choose a time for breakfast in October at Santa Fe, or previously at Sequoia Lodge. I'm not sure if they'll change back to this with the free plans including hotel breakfast again now.

I think the standard plan face value is €29 & €17 so all you need to do is check out the menus online. The face value will be deducted from your bill. Drinks will have to be paid for in this instance too, you won't get a free one as you do using the plan in the specific restaurants for your level. They're happy to give you a jug of tap water for the table too, I find this handy as drinks are extortionate. So even if you decide to purchase one drink, you can get water also.

Standard restaurants I've used are Plaza Gardens: would recommend, La Cantina: would recommend, Cafe Agrabah: would only recommend if you haven't got fussy eaters. Personally I didn't enjoy it, but the theme is brilliant! Xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

La Grange at Billy Bob’s in the Village is also on the standard plan. Excellent buffet, probably the best standard level buffet.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
La Grange at Billy Bob’s in the Village is also on the standard plan. Excellent buffet, probably the best standard level buffet.
Agreed! We were really impressed with the food here.
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

All the standard buffets are great for children who like their food! The theming isn’t great in Restaurant des Stars, but my two LOVE the desserts there (as do I!) They really enjoyed the buffet at La Cantina in Santa Fe (only 5 mins walk across the bridge from Cheyenne) - all the make your own bits were fun for them (pasta, nachos, etc) and they loved the chocolate fountain with fruits and sweets.

Our favourite was probably Plaza Gardens though - lovely surroundings and lovely food.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

we loved the agrabah (aladdin) themed buffet and actually found it great for childre, lots of hummus and dips and flat breads, lots of kebab style meats etc. The puddings weren't great.

We found Plaza gardens the worst of the bunch, far too busy and very standard luke warm food.

the puddings at Des Stars were great! especially the top your own whippy ice cream for the kids. endless sweeties! lol

we haven't tried billy bobs but its on my wish for next time.
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Did they not have the pancakes at Agrabah with that amazing chocolate sauce? So creamy.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JayTheDisneyDad
Proud to wear my Ears

If you and the kids like burgers i think the best on site are at Annette's Diner. And if you have a meal plan the set menu you order from is ridiculous amount of food.

I have to say i think Character dining is worth a look at upgrading. The experience is great and it's the most time effective way to meet the characters. I think the breakfast at Plaza Gardens in the park you can upgrade to instead of your hotel breakfast...it's probably the cheapest upgrade too.
JayTheDisneyDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List