Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Unread 19 May 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
Imagineer

Mobile What do you expect to pay for a Disneyland Paris break these days?

Hi all,

Ive spent the day pricing up various options to stay at disneyland for three days in the summer holidays.

We are going on a Disney cruise for a week from Dover, and I know a few of our shipmates are taking advantage of being so close to DLP that they are having a few days there first.

We are from Devon, so Dover is quite a trek for us & so Im now thinking that we might do the same thing!

DH thinks we should stay onsite & for the four of us staying three nights at the Hotel Cheyenne its 1512 including Dover overnight hotel, ferry crossings and 4 days of park tickets. Is that expensive? (It seems a lot for a mini break to me, but I think I might be out of touch as havent been to DLP for many years!)

To try to trim the costs, Ive priced it up for two nights at Hotel Cheyenne with three day tickets (we couldnt use the fourth day anyway as we need to travel back to Dover to meet family ready for our cruise the next day) & the plan would then be to move offsite to a cheaper hotel (currently priced up Hipark Serris) for the last night - so we could still have a long third day, walk back to Cheyenne to collect our car and just have a short drive for a nights sleep before driving to Calais the next day - this slightly less convenient option would reduce the cost to 1313.

Again, still feels costly to me - or is that what Im dealing with these days for a DLP mini break?
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Krakow mini break
Unread 19 May 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
That does feel a lot, but hotel prices have shot up since Disney took full ownership. Is that with any sort of offer? There is usually free half board and/or money off.

Our last stay was 3 nights in November for 2 adults at Hotel Cheyenne with free half board. It cost us 700 (without transport). We got 29 tickets for Eurostar going via Gare du Nord.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Unread 19 May 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
That does feel a lot, but hotel prices have shot up since Disney took full ownership. Is that with any sort of offer? There is usually free half board and/or money off.

Our last stay was 3 nights in November for 2 adults at Hotel Cheyenne with free half board. It cost us 700 (without transport). We got 29 tickets for Eurostar going via Gare du Nord.
Im wondering whether its the price you pay for August summer holidays?
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Krakow mini break
Unread 19 May 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Very Serious Dibber

I have 3 nights/4 days booked for end of August. 2 adults, 1 child (11) in Sequoia Lodge (main building), Direct Eurostar, HB+ (included as part of package, which they also included a 9pm sitting of Buffalo Bills as a special offer) 1500 ish, but then we got a just shy of 150 discount off that total as my Mum has rheumatoid arthritis, and there's a discount you can apply for regarding the ticket cost.

That was with the 25% off and free half board offer. X

Edited at 08:57 PM.
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
May 2020! Disneyland Paris
Unread 19 May 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
I have 3 nights/4 days booked for end of August. 2 adults, 1 child (11) in Sequoia Lodge (main building), Direct Eurostar, HB+ (included as part of package, which they also included a 9pm sitting of Buffalo Bills as a special offer) 1500 ish, but then we got a just shy of 150 discount off that total as my Mum has rheumatoid arthritis, and there's a discount you can apply for regarding the ticket cost.

That was with the 25% off and free half board offer. X
Thank you for posting, thats really helpful. 👍

So actually that sounds as though my price is about right (I know that Im too late for good prices on the Eurostar, so the ferry is the only reasonably priced option this late out).

I guess I just need to weigh up whether I can justify it as a three night add on to our existing holiday - I think if it was a break on its own I wouldnt quibble, I think Im just stalling as I know that I should be contented with the weeks holiday weve already got - its just the lure of already being at Dover & in my head, so close to DLP, thats so appealing! 😂
Krakow mini break
Unread 19 May 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Thank you for posting, thats really helpful. 👍

So actually that sounds as though my price is about right (I know that Im too late for good prices on the Eurostar, so the ferry is the only reasonably priced option this late out).

I guess I just need to weigh up whether I can justify it as a three night add on to our existing holiday - I think if it was a break on its own I wouldnt quibble, I think Im just stalling as I know that I should be contented with the weeks holiday weve already got - its just the lure of already being at Dover & in my head, so close to DLP, thats so appealing! 😂
I believe you can get good deals on indirect Eurostar. I'm definitely no expert on that though.

Did you look at Santa Fe? The price used to be very similar between the standard hotels, but I have noticed that at times it's coming out quite a lot cheaper than Cheyenne.

Also I've booked for right near the end of August, and it's apparently slightly cheaper then, no idea why as all of the schools are still off everywhere!

I'd imagine as all of the schools are off around Europe that the different country's websites won't really have much in the way of savings, so if the prices are all similar it might be worth booking with Magic Breaks, as they only charge a 10 booking fee in comparison with 26 from DLP direct. It's not much of a saving, but it's something. I'm unsure how much Disney Travel Company charge. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 19 May 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
slightly serious Dibber

I couldnt even begin to fathom what Id expect to pay but it certainly isnt the prices at the moment. Weve never been to DLP and my daughter really wants to go so Ive been pricing it up over the last two years and Ive never had a price Im comfortable paying for such a short amount of time. I wonder if Im just missing all of the decent deals but a 4 night break is never less than 2k for me that I just cannot justify 2k for four nights and thats not even including a dining plan 😬
aladdin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Days Until Disney:
Unread 19 May 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by aladdin View Post
I couldnt even begin to fathom what Id expect to pay but it certainly isnt the prices at the moment. Weve never been to DLP and my daughter really wants to go so Ive been pricing it up over the last two years and Ive never had a price Im comfortable paying for such a short amount of time. I wonder if Im just missing all of the decent deals but a 4 night break is never less than 2k for me that I just cannot justify 2k for four nights and thats not even including a dining plan 😬
Which dates and hotels are you looking at? And what is your party size?

I've looked at May half term next year and 2 adults, 1 child (12) and it's coming in a lot less than that, with a half board dining plan. Is it the travel that's pushing the price up? That happens often if you're looking to book near to the dates you want to go. Eurostar direct and flights tend to go up in price as time goes on, so that could definitely be a factor. X
My Magic Holiday