Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 3 Mar 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
We lost it for our DS, we got a letter saying it was to go to interview stage. got 2 days notice. my mum had just died and my other son needs 24hr care so I phoned and explained it was too short notice, she said it would be dealt with. got a letter next week saying excuse was not valid enough. so my mum had just died and I had no care for ds1, how bad must it be to postpone

don't have the energy to carry it on to appeal
So sorry to hear this, it makes me so cross there is no empathy for carers , the govt spouts all the words about looking after carers and then treats people like this. X
Old 4 Mar 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

I don’t think these people realise the stress it has on carers, you become physically and mentally exhausted, but you have to carry on, because your loved ones depend on you. It’s hard to be strong,

Edited at 09:16 PM.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nannad View Post
I don’t think these people realise the stress it has on carers, you become physically and mentally exhausted, but you have to carry on, because your loved ones depend on you. It’s hard to be strong,
Completely agree with what you say... it’s not fair is it! My DS’s Pip assessment nearly pushed me over the edge... caused him & I SO much anxiety!
Carers are very undervalued in my opinion!
Old 4 Mar 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

The pip assessment was a 5hing I worried about the most, part of my husbands brain injury, is that he thinks there is nothing wrong with him, and I was worried that the assessor wouldn’t be able to see this, when he came to the house, the first thing he told me was that he was a psychologist, he new what he was looking for I was so grateful. He was with us 2 hours, was very meticulous, when he was going he turned around and said I hadn’t been honest, I was nearly physically sick, he said I head overestimated what my husband could do.(he was aware, how much the injury impacted on our lives) I am so glad it’s over for now, but realise we could be notified for another assessment at any time, even though there will be no improvement. It took me ages to get over it, my husband was quite oblivious, but is all part of the injury. I think because there are some people who swing the lead, we are all tarred with the same brush.

Del x

I feel sick just writing this

Edited at 10:53 AM.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List