Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 2 Jul 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

One Time Usage Points

I have 3 different home resorts, can I purchase the one time use points for each home resort so 3 x 24 or is it just 24 points per DVC member?
Old 2 Jul 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MissPiggy2012 View Post
I have 3 different home resorts, can I purchase the one time use points for each home resort so 3 x 24 or is it just 24 points per DVC member?
Not 100% sure but I believe it's per membership and not per contract, so up to 24-points per use-year and they must be used in that use-year.

Had a quick search and could only find the following which you've already probably read.

Q.What are one-time-use Vacation Points, and how do I use them?

A.As a Disney Vacation Club Member, occasionally you may find yourself in need of just few extra Vacation Points in order to book that perfect dream vacation. You can bank, borrow and transfer from another Contract. Or take advantage of another option: one-time-use Vacation Points.

You have the option to purchase up to 24 additional Vacation Points each Use Year. One-time-use points may be used for Disney Vacation Club accommodations in the 7-month booking window.

One-time-use points may not be used for Home Resort Priority.

A Member may purchase one-time-use Vacation Points for Disney Collection and World Collection reservations, provided the booking window for that trip is open (for example, Disney Cruise Line reservations may be open up to 2 years in advance).

One-time-use Vacation Points may not be purchased for Concierge Collection reservations.

The purchase just needs to occur at the time you're making the reservation that requires them.

Rates are subject to change, but currently Members enjoy a rate of $19 per one-time-use Vacation Point including taxes. That's $16.89 per one-time-use Vacation Point plus $1.89 tax (6.5%) plus $1.01 resort tax (6%).

You won't be able to cancel or refund your purchase of one-time use Vacation Points, nor will you be able to transfer, bank, or borrow them.
In the event that your trip does not unfold as planned and your reservation must be canceled, be aware that one-time-use Vacation Points expire at the end of your Use Year.

Availability of one-time-use Vacation Points may be limited or suspended from time to time, and the fee is subject to change.

To take advantage of one-time-use Vacation Points, contact Member Services at (800) 800-9800† or (407) 566-3800†.

disneyvacationclub.disney.go...points/how-to/
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

I have three different use years so that’s what made me think that I would get 3 x 24 otherwise which use year do they go with?
Old 2 Jul 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We have used the one time use points on several occasions. We have 2 home resorts but have only ever been able to use a maximum of 24 non refundable points at 7 months.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

I have three different use years so that’s what made me think that I would get 3 x 24 otherwise which use year do they go with?
Sorry I thought they were the same use-year, so I'm not sure if that changes anything, best to call MS.

Maybe it depends on whether you have one membership number or different numbers.

Q. Can I have more than one Membership Number or more than one Contract under a Membership Number?
A. Yes, you can have several Membership Numbers under your Club ID. Also, you can have several Contracts under your Membership Number. In addition, a Member can be a different Member Type for each Membership Number.

disneyvacationclub.disney.go...-contract-ids/
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

As they are only available for bookings at 7 months when all points are equal, then I would imagine it would just go to whatever booking you are making rather than into a specific account.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Sorry I thought they were the same use-year, so I'm not sure if that changes anything, best to call MS.

Maybe it depends on whether you have one membership number or different numbers.

Q. Can I have more than one Membership Number or more than one Contract under a Membership Number?
A. Yes, you can have several Membership Numbers under your Club ID. Also, you can have several Contracts under your Membership Number. In addition, a Member can be a different Member Type for each Membership Number.

disneyvacationclub.disney.go...-contract-ids/
I have more than one membership card so maybe that is the answer.
Old 3 Jul 20, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have more than one membership card so maybe that is the answer.
I guess it could be if you are not linking points from all accounts together to make a reservation? If you are combining points then I would say you’d definitely only get one set of one time points.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

So I’ve just been on the ‘other board’ to check for you.

Because you have separate memberships you can indeed get 24 one time use points for the different accounts (I expect it’s because in order for you to combine points you in effect have to transfer them between accounts and it’s treated as if it was two different owners, whereas I have points at more than one resort, but all on the same membership, so at seven months I can just combine my points without the need to transfer them).

Hope that helps! 👍

Edited at 07:13 AM.
Old 3 Jul 20, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

Thanks Amy56, that’s great. I want to book a trip in Sept 2021 and one in Jan 2022 and use one time use points for both so I guess that would work.