Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Jul 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for that too, i'd assume as much, we'd typically travel in september so that could be an issue but we'll see what happens. Thanks!
robbrdbry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
It really depends on season. During food and wine it is very difficult to get standard or boardwalk view at 11months (1 or 2 bed)
Agree- As an advocate of 1 bed points to sleep around, I would not rely on getting Boardwalk or Value view at any time of year even in a 1 bed at 7 months. But I do not want Boardwalk view ever anyway (too noisy for us) and I got value in 2018 (summer) and at Xmas this year (if we go).

I am not too bothered though- Garden/ Pool view does me fine if i had to pick it- it is still a lot better from an economic perspective for me to take my chance on likely not getting Boardwalk value and using some more Saratoga points for Pool/ Garden view.

A great advantage to owning Boardwalk with enough points for 1 beds is the ability to almost guarantee standard view (low points) at 11 months. But the contract price for years on offer does not justify buying there, given you can virtually always get Boardwalk Garden/ pool in 1 beds at 7 months anyway. Studios obviously tougher. I doubt Disney will ever do it, but if they offered Boardwalk extended at not ridiculous prices, I would sell some SSR and buy it. Sadly, I think it would be too much of a money maker to simply revamp the place at the end and resell as a new Boardwalk DVC with prices through the roof. I'll be too old to be swapping contracts then. Boardwalk is a wonderful resort and whilst I also love Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge (and in fact BLT), Boardwalk is still our favourite.

As always with the enough points for a 1 bed strategy, always be prepared to stay in home resort if necessary (never been necesssary for me, but I am prepared).

Poly is a great resort with good studios- negatives are its a little points heavy compared to some, it can be a little noisy inter room at least in the standard hotel rooms (old style construction- toilets flushing etc not sure about DVC rooms but as they gutted the old rooms unless they put new noise insulation in it could be the same) and the biggest downside to me is lack of 1 beds. If you ever think you may need a 1 bed, this means hanging on to book at 7 months, but, then again, given usual 1 bed availability chances are there will be some good choices and always (I have never seen not available) OKW, SSR and AKL.

Edited at 10:30 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ll expand a bit more on the Poly rooms if it helps at all.

The two bathrooms are an absolutely gift when you’re travelling as two parents and two (grown up in our case) children. I can’t emphasise that enough 😂

The fold out bed was another good point.

The storage wasn’t brilliant and I think it would be annoying on longer stays. If I was travelling as a couple I’d prefer extra room to the extra bathroom I think.

The age of the rooms wasn’t noticeable to me unless you count the fact that out balcony window / door thing fell out 😂 and couldn’t be repaired.

As a family of four adults we found it awesome for a short stay but I don’t think I would have liked to be there for say two weeks.
Old 12 Jul 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I’ll expand a bit more on the Poly rooms if it helps at all.

The two bathrooms are an absolutely gift when you’re travelling as two parents and two (grown up in our case) children. I can’t emphasise that enough 😂

The fold out bed was another good point.

The storage wasn’t brilliant and I think it would be annoying on longer stays. If I was travelling as a couple I’d prefer extra room to the extra bathroom I think.

The age of the rooms wasn’t noticeable to me unless you count the fact that out balcony window / door thing fell out 😂 and couldn’t be repaired.

As a family of four adults we found it awesome for a short stay but I don’t think I would have liked to be there for say two weeks.
We stayed at the Poly last year for 16 nights, three adults. It was perfect for us and I’d definitely stay there again. For three of us the storage was fine, much better than VGF studios.

As you say though Karen, four adults would be right for that length of stay.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks very much for the solid and constructive feedback, it's really helped. We're hoping to make an offer just before Christmas this year as our gift to each other haha.
robbrdbry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List