Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 22 Jun 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
American Airlines to move terminal at Heathrow

I know we generally aren't travelling at the moment (we all wish we were) but I noticed that American Airlines will be moving over to Terminal 5 at Heathrow on 7th July - whether this is a permanent move remains to be seen.

At the moment they are operating out of T2 due to the closure because of CV of T3.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Thankyou Stanleycamel. This will hopefully affect my plans on Aug 19... (I am ever an optimist).

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:38 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
If it is a permanent move then it is goodbye QF Salt and Pepper Squid
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
If it is a permanent move then it is goodbye QF Salt and Pepper Squid
As nice as that is, unless I wanted a decent G&T, I’d be eating in the CX F Lounge over the QF lounge in T3 pretty much every time. The staff in the QF lounge are very nice though.

However, with AA in T5, it does bring the possibility of using the CCR (assuming it reopens) when flying AA 🙂.

On a less niche level, will also be handy for a lot of people connecting from/to BA domestic & European flights when flying AA transatlantic.

Edited at 06:57 PM.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
I know we generally aren't travelling at the moment (we all wish we were) but I noticed that American Airlines will be moving over to Terminal 5 at Heathrow on 7th July - whether this is a permanent move remains to be seen.

At the moment they are operating out of T2 due to the closure because of CV of T3.
Hiya SC, thanks for your updates. Likely won't affect travellers until the US lift the UK travel ban, we're all wait listed and can do owt until then!

We came back into T3 LHR during lockdown on the 7th April with AA, I believe it was a week or so later when they tappy lappied over to T2.
Old 4 Aug 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
RICO
Trying for More Ears

By no means is this a permanent move. You correctly state the initial move was because of the closure of T3. AA bosses simply wanted to take up available gates at T5 whilst they and BA had reduced schedules/flights. It made for simpler/quicker transfers as both airlines are part of the One World airline alliance. When, in the distant future, schedules return to normal capacity, AA will move back out.
Old 4 Aug 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Qatar Airways have also moved over to T5 and China Southern moving over from T2 to T5 tomorrow.
Old 4 Aug 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
RICO
Trying for More Ears

... and Qatar also being a One World full member means this makes sense for them currently too. China Southern departed the Sky Team alliance last year but rumours persist of a One World join, even if just as a Connect member rather than full membership.
Old 4 Aug 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

These moves are all temporary as T5 is not big enough for BA let alone having other airlines. Once T3 reopens they will all move out.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List