Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Aug 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
we've book for 2 weeks at the end of October 2021 into November. We've only paid a £100 deposit so have a while yet to think on it but i'm feeling really positive. 14 months is a long time for things to improve (hopefully!)

We usually go around that time and crowd levels are great and as people have mentioned, I don't think there will be the mad rush for the 50th celebrations as first thought
Universal Sapphire Falls February '22
CBR - October '23
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
birchco
Imagineer

birchco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi all, Can i ask who you have all booked your October 21 holidays with? or flights? our holidays this year havent happened, we had jamaica and new york cancelled and were going to book a last minute to orlando but obviously now cant. desperate to book for october next year but cant see any flights available as yet, or have you all booked a package holiday? thanks
Old 19 Aug 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Im holding back until disney release something about that time period. Having been called by them after i sent a complaint they should be doing something sooner rather than later
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I think In the US there is so much uncertainty with Covid, unemployment, their economy, (and elections? ) that I don’t know if we will see October prices released until they have decided whether the 50th celebrations can fully take place.
At the moment VH and Tui flight prices are pricing me out of booking (£3k for 3 adults and an infant...) so my tactic is going to be dependent on flights unfortunately - once they are released fully come November, hopefully borders will have reopened and maybe I’ll be able to book then play chicken with other Disney deals (and hopefully return of dining plan in some form free or paid!)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Are you all just securing with a deposit you're happy to lose due the the no insurance situation?

I've normally got a couple of trips booked for the following year but not risking booking anything without insurance and as the FCO are still advising against most the planet I can't see how my booking can be protected?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I haven't ruled out October 2021 but won't be booking anything until the borders are open and the parks are back to close to normal.
I dont personally think there will be a mad rush to travel as soon as restrictions are lifted, many will still be unable or unwilling to in the short term. I'm sure the parks will have a steady clip of people wanting to visit but I doubt it will be the numbers seen in recent years.
Old 20 Aug 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’ve been out last four October half terms (you know that once in a lifetime trip before he started school!) This year hasn’t been cancelled yet but I suspect it’s imminent. I’d like to go next year but will keep options open. Booked a BA flydrive this year so only paid a £300 deposit which I expect to get back. Would consider booking for next year on BA’s current terms again as fairly sure we’d either get money back or would be able to use a voucher. Also if worse came to worse £300 is less than many insurance excesses. (Ours would be £150 in total if we needed to claim).

I don’t know what do do about crowds was thinking 2021 might be a good year to visit Universal!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

I am booked for May 2021 but I think we are pretty much decided on moving it to September 2021, just waiting for the flights to be released and praying they are similar priced to May. I think crowds will be light until confidence comes back, whether that's when a vaccine is confirmed or not I don't know. The only reason I am moving to later in the year is because we don't want to go when masks are mandatory and i'm hoping we have a better chance in the fall

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dis_nay
Looking for my Ears

We have rearranged our wedding from September this year and are looking to now get married and go to WDW in November 2021 - the 50th did not even cross my mind before reading this!

I do think that ongoing events will reduce crowd numbers a lot - it just all depends on if they bring back things like parades/fireworks for us. I feel these are a big part of the Disney Magic
dis_nay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

I’m hoping for October 2021!

I was booked for October this year, which has now been officially cancelled.

Solo trip - so rope drop to closing in the parks, hitting it all! I wasn’t planning to do MNSSHP this year, then when the park hours dropped thought I would so as to buy more time, obviously that went to pot.

Now though I’ve looked at the Halloween stuff I want to do it!

This years trip was meant to be to DC first then Orlando - I’m now thinking just Orlando in my two week October half term next year (I’m a teacher - I think Easter will be too soon and Summer is already booked up with this years cancelled weddings and some more)

I’m not so much concerned about the crowds for the anniversary as a solo traveller (due to the handful of single rider lines, the slight better chances of FPs and no one else to worry about). What I’m waiting for is:

Park hopping
Hours back to normal (or much better than the current offering!)
MNSSHP
No masks (could sacrifice on this one but not sure)
Fast passes - I honestly can’t see how Disney will want to keep limited capacity like they have any longer than they absolutely must. So FPs being back is a good sign - although I would love to experience the current queue lengths 🥺
I also want the fireworks and shows back.

TBH I’m probably going to hold off booking until after Christmas and see how the world is in general. I will however keep an eye on the WDW website and likely book direct through them (hotel anyway) this time. I can only afford Value so ideally I’m also holding for the All Stars ti open or a great deal at POP.

I think the 50 th would be amazing!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List