Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Melyn12
Getting Excited

I have bombarded travel republic with messages regarding a refund for our Disneyworld tickets (we were due to go 3rd April so it’s been going on for nearly 5 months) to no avail... finally last week I phoned Disneyworld to find out if they had cancelled our tickets and refunded travel republic which they confirmed they had done in JUNE! I then emailed TR customer services, tweeted them and Facebook messaged them saying I wanted my money back (£1950) that they have been holding onto since June and I finally had an email on Friday saying my refund will get processed in 3-5 days. I will believe it when I see it though! Good luck everyone!
Melyn12 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
I got the same message. It read like you'd click Cancel Booking and it would go through an automated process, but it just invited me to raise another request. I did that but no idea if that was right or not.
Same thing here! It’s due to be paid on Tuesday, I do not want them taking the money and having to fight with them for a refund...I don’t understand how hard it is to cancel it! Everything else you can just press a cancel button and boom, cancelled. Why do they have to make it so difficult!

Although, I’m presuming by this paragraph that if I don’t pay it when due it will just be cancelled as they won’t be taking it automatically?

Edited at 11:32 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Alohomora
Getting Excited

Mobile

I am waiting for excursion money to be refunded which I cancelled early May. Still nothing and they won't be able to either because the credit card I paid on has now expired. They aren't being overly helpful.
Alohomora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Same thing here! It’s due to be paid on Tuesday, I do not want them taking the money and having to fight with them for a refund...I don’t understand how hard it is to cancel it! Everything else you can just press a cancel button and boom, cancelled. Why do they have to make it so difficult!

Although, I’m presuming by this paragraph that if I don’t pay it when due it will just be cancelled as they won’t be taking it automatically?
My payment was due yesterday I think, but it hasn't been taken.
Old 10 Aug 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
My payment was due yesterday I think, but it hasn't been taken.
I just got this email, my payment is due tomorrow. I’m just not going to pay it!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I just got this email, my payment is due tomorrow. I’m just not going to pay it!

That’s useful to know thanks. They sent me the coronavirus message on my booking last week to say I could cancel online for free. Clicked the link but it said I couldn’t raise a ticket as there was an open one already. I had started to stress as they’re not responding and the balance due date is Saturday.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dawnfletch
slightly serious Dibber

Dawnfletch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Today we have had 3 emails from them. 2 about our Disneyland tickets saying they are going to get intouch with Disneyland to get a refund & pass it onto us. Last email was about passing our flights been passed onto the flight department for them to look into. So after 4 months of asking questions about our flights in August we are getting some where. I wonder if they are having more staff working now, hopefully things will start moving for everyone. Good luck & keep us up dated.
Old 13 Aug 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
TheSollys
Proud to wear my Ears

I have an outstanding customer request from July awaiting a response. Since then BA have cancelled my flights & I asked Travel Republic to get in touch as I need to know where I stand. As with the majority of you, I am still awaiting some sort of answer. I know they are busy, but it doesn't take much to notify me it is in hand.
TheSollys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Reneejbeatte
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Finally got a reply and my hotel cancelled. My request was in May so it’s taken all this time just to cancel. They did charge the extra £25

2020 All Stars 🌟 🎵 Avanti Resort 2019, DLP 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2017, Art of Animation 2015, International Palms 2013, clarion LBV 2012, Regal Sun 2010, Newport Bay DLP 2009, All Star Movies 2008, Caribbean Beach 2006, Best Western Plaza 2005
Reneejbeatte is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
I've got an outstanding issue with them too. Payment due to be taken on 18 August. Haven't heard anything from travel republic. It's over £1,000 they are due to take. Wondering if I should cancel my debit card!

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List