Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Aug 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Blimey that’s a long way ahead - doesn’t sound promising.
I wouldn’t read too much into it. This cancellation is most likely related to the adjustments BA made last week to its winter schedule, the flight in question is now not planned to operate at all. Many flights for the whole of the coming winter have been cancelled as a result.

The cancellations being done month by month currently are on a separate cycle, these are flights that BA plans / would like to operate, but ends up deciding to cancel due to (expected) continued border restrictions and/or lack of demand for the service. If this drags on, there could well be more December cancellations in a few months time.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Our flights have just been released and are showing as Gatwick to Orlando. If we book and they are moved to Heathrow that wouldn't be an issue for us. Do you think this is likely scenario or could they be cancelled?
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lazzareo View Post
Our flights have just been released and are showing as Gatwick to Orlando. If we book and they are moved to Heathrow that wouldn't be an issue for us. Do you think this is likely scenario or could they be cancelled?
If this is for July 2021 I would say it is too early to give an answer - especially the way things change so quickly at the moment.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
If this is for July 2021 I would say it is too early to give an answer - especially the way things change so quickly at the moment.
Hi, yes it is.
Steve Florida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MamaG
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by lazzareo View Post
I have been look at July flights and have the same question. I wouldn't mind being changed to Heathrow, but worry about being cancelled and not rebooked etc.
1993 Park Inn International, 1997 Villa 1998 Indian Ridge Oaks. 2015 Windsor Hills, 2016 Disney's Old Key West, Hard Rock Hotel. 2018 Hard Rock Hotel, Disney's Old Key West. July 2020 -December 2020 - July 2021 Cancelled by Covid! Feb 2022 Rosen Inn July 2022 Hard Rock Hotel, Cabana Bay, Disney Dolphin, Emerald Island
MamaG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by frances01 View Post
We are booked for GLA-LGW-MCO for next April on the morning Gateick departure. I know BA have added an additional afternoon flight out of Heathrow. Do you think if they move all their operations to Heathrow they will add a morning departure or will it just be the afternoon flight they have already scheduled?

I don't mind having to change everything to Heathrow but just wonder if they would keep the two departures per day.
Currently there is going to be one daily flight from LHR all year round which equates to the later Gatwick flight as showing on the current W20 schedule with 3 weekly from LGW on the early flight. I suspect that the S21 schedule will follow similar times but maybe the 3 weekly from LGW may go daily at busy times.
We are in a similar situation as we are booked on the early flight out and the later flight back. Our outbound is on a day they currently do not fly from LGW in W21 so I suspect our flights will be moved to LHR , this what the agent said would happen at no charge when we cancelled our November flights.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

Hello! are they changes only for flights to MCO or also to Tampa?
Aurora2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
I can't say how many LGW flights will be cancelled but can only go by our experience.

Just over a week ago I had an email cancelling our inbound MCO to LGW flight on 29 Nov. I was asked to go into "Manage my booking" where I had options which included leaving the outbound flight from LGW or changing to LHR. Naturally I changed both to LHR but at that time it seemed that they were still offering LGW as well for outbound.

We're booked LGW to TPA next April and they are still selling it. I won't be surprised however to get an email next February changing us to LHR.

Mick
Originally Posted by Aurora2018 View Post
Hello! are they changes only for flights to MCO or also to Tampa?
This is my post #9 from earlier in this thread.

Just out of interest they are still selling LGW to TPA for our dates next April but as I said earlier I won't be surprised if they change to LHR in due course.

However there are posters on here who know a bit more than I do about BA's plans.

Mick

Edited at 02:36 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

thank you! We will be booking for next August 2021 so I'm wondering whether it is safer just booking from Heathrow.
Aurora2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Aurora2018 View Post
thank you! We will be booking for next August 2021 so I'm wondering whether it is safer just booking from Heathrow.
No advice I'm afraid but you probably know that BA don't release flights until 355 days out from your return date so if you're staying a fortnight you should see them at the end of the month. Maybe by then the schedules will have settled?

Mick