Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Aug 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Thank you so much everyone for all the suggestions and advice.
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

As above I find money saving expert useful.

moneysavingexpert/in...e/#buyingcover

I use this one as suggested by MSE

medicaltravelcompared/

For this type of site you put in all the details of your medical conditions and the policy providers give tailored quotes for those. This is the opposite of a normal system where you have to tailor standard quotes for you.

It covers staysure, Insurewith and a wide range of others.

I have separately been advised by a broker that if you have a condition with any element of progression ,or potentially unstable that the best thing to do is to get a single trip insurance as it is point in time insurance. IE it is on the basis of health at the time of application. Rather than potentially rechargeable or terms shifting if health conditions change (albeit you do have to tell them). I do single trip for USA and annual European with my bank.

As above though, be careful on the COVID front. My insurance isn't valid because the trip was booked (well transferred to a new date) at a point at which FCO guidance was in place not to travel so I am not covered for anything covid wise.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
HSBC Premier (if under 70), it’s free as well
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
HSBC Premier (if under 70), it’s free as well
Yes they were good for us in 2009 paying out for my cancer cancellation but sadly threw us out four years ago.

Mick
Old 13 Aug 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another vote for Staysure but it’s not cheap. Just under £400 for my annual policy.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cringer
a Friend of the DIBB

If you go with Staysure make sure you take out the additional Travel Disruption cover as they used this as an excuse not to pay out earlier this year even though the holiday was cancelled.
cringer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
Another vote for Staysure but it’s not cheap. Just under £400 for my annual policy.
Originally Posted by cringer View Post
If you go with Staysure make sure you take out the additional Travel Disruption cover as they used this as an excuse not to pay out earlier this year even though the holiday was cancelled.
Our annual Staysure world wide renewal is due Sept 1st. We had travel disruption and Covid cover , was £404. This new quote £455. I have no medical conditions at all and hubby has controlled BP ( his BP been normal for years now but still takes a tablet. Our **downfall * is age, now we are mid seventies.
Usually try to get 4 trips a year but only got 2 in before lockdown , so proved quite costly this year
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Quertychap
Excited about Disney

We have always insured with Staysure and found them excellent when you are buying your policy, but it has taken 130 days to pay out on a simple claim when they say claims are met within a week.
Quertychap is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Yes they were good for us in 2009 paying out for my cancer cancellation but sadly threw us out four years ago.

Mick
I thought of you when I posted Mick
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Thanks to everyone who commented. Really helpful. I will have a wee look at these places at the weekend.