Notices

Old 2 Mar 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Toddler Trials take on DLP! Libby's first trip, June 2019. 99 days to go!

Toddler Trials take on DLP! Libby’s first trip, June 2019

We’re off to Disneyland Paris! I thought there was no better day to post our pre-trip report than to mark reaching double digits on our countdown

99 days to go

It feels like forever since we were last in a Disney park...

Fresh faced honeymooners, March 2016

We visited NYC, Washington DC and Orlando on honeymoon and had an amaaaaazing time. We brought home a very exciting souvenir and I’m proud to report she’s on track to becoming as big a Disney fan as her Mama .

26 December 2016

February 2019

Libby is now 2, full of fun and mischief and absolutely hilarious. She’s WILD, but she always has been so we’re not finding the toddler tantrums etc too bad. Friends who had angel babies aren’t faring so well .

This is how Gary found her one morning a few weeks back...

(The sides are now off the cot and her room thoroughly risk assessed for climbing potential ).

We took her to visit family in Canada last year (shameless plug for trippie here) and I can’t believe how much she’s grown since.

June 2018

We’re huge Disney Life fans in our house and her recent favourites include Monsters Inc, Ratatouille, Bolt, Wreck it Ralph and randomly, Frankenweenie. She also LOVES Toy Story.

She met Mickey and Minnie at Dobbie’s a few weeks back and thankfully wasn’t afraid/shy at all….phew.

We always knew it would be a few years before we return to WDW, for practical reasons and because there are other places we want to go. We aren’t having a big holiday this year, so Disneyland Paris made perfect sense.

Gary took me to Paris for my 21st≈birthday and we had a day at DLP but that was back in 2012 and we were young, child free and hadn’t yet discovered the DIBB! I’ve also been once as a child before my parents discovered Florida.

We’re staying at Newport Bay Club from Monday 10th - Friday 14th June. This is partly Lisa (Lisa_Lollipop)’s fault. I was torn between here and Sequoia Lodge but Newport Bay looked stunning in her 2017 trippie and the pool at Sequoia is closed until July, so Newport Bay it is. I booked the German offer as it seemed best at the time - we got a % discount off and free half board plus .

One of my favourite holiday memories as a child is driving all the way to DLP (from Glasgow) in my Dad’s Citroen Saxo. On the way home the exhaust fell off our car and I vividly remember the French recovery man fixing it at the side of the road, my brother and I sat in the back of the jacked up car surrounded by all our new soft toys, with my mum panicking we were going to miss the Eurotunnel home. It was such an adventure and a fantastic trip (although probably a bit stressful for my mum and dad ), but Gary wasn’t keen on making the drive for some reason! So flying it is.

I booked our flights with Easyjet on the morning they were released. By lunchtime that same day they’d already risen by £80 and are now almost double what I paid, so completely worth setting the alarm for and booking as soon as they come out.

At the moment our plan looks like this -

Mon 10th June
Fly Glasgow to Paris CDG, arrive 13:30
Transfers to Newport Bay & check in (still need to book transfers, I think we’re going to use Prestige)
Explore and find our bearings in Disneyland Park
Watch the parade 5:30 if we make it?
Dinner - Silver Spur Steakhouse 6:30 (Booked)

Tuesday 11th June
Breakfast Buffet in hotel
EMH in Disneyland Park 08:30-09:30
QS Lunch/Back to hotel for pool time/nap/rest. Not sure why I’ve written nap, Libby’s no longer a napper but I’m hoping for some Disney magic so she can stay up a bit later without getting too cranky .
Dinner - Inventions 6pm (Booked)

Wed 12th June
EMH Studios 08:30-09:30
Lunch - Bistro Chez Remy 12:30 (Booked)
Disney village/pool/chill
Dinner - QS

Thursday 13th June
Princess Breakfast or Plaza Gardens Character buffet 9:45
The princess breakfast is currently on trial until April, I’d absolutely love this so I’m crossing my fingers that it’s extended. We did 1 character meal on honeymoon but I thought a princess one might be pushing it since it was just the two of us. Now I have the best excuse…all for Libby you see . I know we could do the princess lunch/dinner even if breakfast isn’t extended, but the menu really doesn’t appeal to us so I don’t think it’s worth the top up from our meal vouchers. I could definitely stretch to breakfast though! If it isn’t extended then we’ll do Plaza Gardens Character Breakfast. Whichever one we do, I plan on booking the later sitting at 9:45 so we can have a bit of a lie in (or make the most of EMH).
No real plan for today…We’ll see how we’re feeling and how the last few days have been.
Dinner - Cape Cod 6pm (booked). We might change this depending on what we decide to do.

Friday 14th June
Breakfast buffet in the hotel or maybe Annette’s in Disney village/Last couple of rides during EMH/shopping
Transfer to CDG
Flight home 14:00, arrive back in Glasgow 14:45

I managed to book our meal reservations online in mid-February, I wasn’t expecting them to be released until 60 days before but for some reason they opened everything up till September and I was able to book. I had to do it through the Dutch site and it was SO glitchy, but I got there in the end and it saved me phoning. Libby eats her dinner about 5:30 at home so I’ve booked early meal times. I know her routine will all go to pot while we’re away but she’s still very unlikely to nap, so I would like to keep meals as close to normal times as possible.

She doesn’t get a meal plan as she’s under 3, so we’re using our free meal ‘vouchers’ mostly at buffet places as she can eat what she likes there with no charge. We’ll pay a top up for Inventions, I think it’ll be €32/each (Libby doesn’t pay) and also top up our breakfast on the Thursday for the Princess or Plaza Garden’s breakfast.

So that’s our plan for now! No doubt it'll change a bit and everything rests on how Libby reacts/feels/what side of the bed she wakes up on/whether she's eaten enough snacks/whether its a full moon etc.

Naturally, I’m slowly gathering Disney themed attire for Libby (and us!) and just watching our countdown.

Any tips or ideas much appreciated, thanks for reading x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 19, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

Sounding great, we are also going to Newport Bay on 10th June and taking our daughter who will be 19 months. We’re flying from Edinburgh but sister in law and family flying from Glasgow I think on the same flight as you!
KristyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Sounds very exciting! We took our DS for his first trip to DLP at roughly the same age and it really was magical. Looking forward to reading more!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KristyA View Post
Sounding great, we are also going to Newport Bay on 10th June and taking our daughter who will be 19 months. We’re flying from Edinburgh but sister in law and family flying from Glasgow I think on the same flight as you!
What a small world! I’m sure you’ll spot us/hear us, say hello if you do xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Sounds very exciting! We took our DS for his first trip to DLP at roughly the same age and it really was magical. Looking forward to reading more!
Ah that’s great to hear, thank you! It’s such a wonderful age, her reactions to even the simple things are so exciting so I can’t wait to see here there xx
Old 17 May 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Our countdown is now at 23 days…not sure how that happened! Time seems to be running away .

This is our current plan:

Mon 10th June
Fly Glasgow to Paris CDG, arrive 13:30
Transfers to Newport Bay & check in (Prestige transfers booked)
Explore and find our bearings in Disneyland Park
Watch the parade 5:30 if we make it
Dinner at Silver Spur Steakhouse 6:30

Tuesday 11th June
Breakfast buffet in hotel
EMH in Disneyland Park 08:30-09:30
QS Lunch/Back to hotel for pool time/nap/rest.
Dinner at Inventions 6pm

Wed 12th June
EMH Studios 08:30-09:30
Lunch at Bistro Chez Remy 12:30
Gary wants to go into Paris this afternoon/evening to see the Eiffel Tower. We’ve been before but want to show Libby since we’re so close. She loves Ratatouille so we’ll see if she recognises it! We might change this to tomorrow depending how we feel.
Dinner while we’re out

Thursday 13th June
Hopefully Plaza Gardens Character buffet at 9:45. If we can’t get it booked today, will book for Friday.
No real plan for today…We’ll see how we’re feeling and how the last few days have been.
Dinner at Cape Cod 6pm.

Friday 14th June
Breakfast buffet in the hotel or maybe Annette’s in Disney village
Last couple of rides during EMH/shopping
Transfer to CDG
Flight home 14:00, arrive back in Glasgow 14:45

I’m trying not to over plan (I love a plan ) but I know which rides we want to hit up during EMH, purely because queuing with Libby won’t be fun. She’s got a suitcase full of cute, Disney themed clothes and Gary and I have practically nothing ready .

Any tips would be much appreciated if anyone has any! Otherwise, see you on the other side .
Old 10 Jun 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I'm not sure how I am only just finding this! But excited that you are now on route to DLP! I can't wait to follow along on IG and see how much Libby loves her first Disney experience!

P.S so glad you went for Newport Bay... you are going to love it!

Edited at 09:39 AM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

I've started my report if anyones interested, Day 1 is up here