Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile Stupid question about Disneyland

Hi, I’m looking at hotels in Anaheim for next year so I’ve been using google earth to see which are closer to parks, I can’t actually figure out where the entrance is, I can see the entrances to both parks but not into Downtown Disney where I’m assuming you come through but it doesn’t look clear, am I just being stupid?🤣
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

You should check out my thread for Disneyland First timers https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1173389

I'm reposting the specific info about the entrances for you

There are 3 onsite hotels, Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian and Paradise Pier. They are priced in the deluxe range.
Most people stay offsite, huge amount of options for all budgets. Many offsite hotels and motels are a shorter walking distance to the entrance turnstiles than the onsite hotels.
The hotels and motels which are closest to the parks are located on Harbour Boulevard and Katella Avenue.

These would be my recommendations for hotels for Disneyland. All of theses are walkable to the parks 20 minutes walk or less. Candycane Inn has a shuttle.
Howard Johnsons
Courtyard By Marriott Anaheim
Fairfield Inn By Marriott Anaheim
Camelot Inn and Suites
Tropicana Inn and Suites
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn
Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites
Del Sol Inn
Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn
Grand Legacy At The Park
The Anaheim
Castle Inn and Suites
Candy Cane Inn

Unlike Walt Disney World, the majority of the hotel guests book directly with the hotels, not through a high street travel agent. The hotels and motels closed to the parks are usually not available to UK high street travel agents.

Disneyland On Google Maps

Disneyland property is all contained in one Square block.

There 3 ways to enter the park

1 = The pedestrian and transportation entrance on the East side, Harbour Boulevard.
This is where the ART bus stops and the private hotel shuttles such as Candycane Inn bus stops are. The security bag check area is literately just beside this entrance and then you are right beside the park entrance turnstiles. The shuttle bus from Toy Story Parking Lot also picks up and drops off here.

The buses from Orange County Transportation Authority OCTA drop off and pick up at the bus stop outside the pedestrian entrance, on Harbour Boulevard

2 = The Downtown Disney pedestrian entrance and bag check on the West side. This is where guests who are staying at Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel enter Disney property. Also guests who walk from Katella Avenue, Disneyland Drive, Ball Road and Walnut Street will enter Disney property here. Once you are through bag check, its about a 15 minute walk through Downtown Disney to the park entrance turnstiles.

3= Mickey and Friends Parking structure. This is where guests who park their cars will get a shuttle bus to Downtown Disney. The layout of this parking structure has changed in the last few years. The security and bag check area is now inside the parking structure. This means that pedestrians can no longer walk into Mickey and Friends and take the shuttle to Downtown Disney.

When choosing a hotel look very carefully on the map as to where they are located. Many advertise that they are opposite or beside Disneyland, which they technically are. However you need to check their location in relation to the actual entrances to Disney property. As you can see on the map, there are really only 3 bag check locations for guests to enter Disneyland property.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks very much for your reply I have looked at your thread a few times and noted down your hotel recommendations but somehow missed the bit about the entrances🤪, thanks so much
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've marked out the Disneyland entrances on the map - hope this helps!

Essentially you can access either DL/DCA via the entrance plaza (they are right opposite each other), and you can access this from either direction (Harbor Boulevard way, or DTD way).

There is also an additional entrance into DCA from the GCH, but this is restricted to only GCH guests at certain times of the day.

(One last additional entrance is to take the Disneyland monorail from DTD to Tomorrowland in DL, but honestly I found that walking was faster than doing this!)

Old 14 Jun 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I've marked out the Disneyland entrances on the map - hope this helps!

Essentially you can access either DL/DCA via the entrance plaza (they are right opposite each other), and you can access this from either direction (Harbor Boulevard way, or DTD way).

There is also an additional entrance into DCA from the GCH, but this is restricted to only GCH guests at certain times of the day.

(One last additional entrance is to take the Disneyland monorail from DTD to Tomorrowland in DL, but honestly I found that walking was faster than doing this!)

That’s brilliant, thanks so much for doing that😀