Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

What car to hire for road trip

Hi all, we are planning a west coast road trip next year and just wondering what people’s choice of car would be, there will be five of us and a couple of times we have had a 7 seater in Florida so we have plenty of space but I can’t remember what the space is like for luggage and I don’t want to struggle fitting cases in every time we move hotels, what would be your choice for a family of 5 on a road trip with a fair bit of luggage?😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Chevy Tahoe every time for me - hope you have a wonderful trip

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Ford Expedition would be my first choice

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Big SUV as suggested but if you do, be careful in many of the multi stories as they do not fit height wise. So make sure you know the vehicles height.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Thanks for those suggestions I will look at all of those, the car is usually my DH’S department but as he has very little input in the planning I thought I’d ask myself😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

We've never had anything smaller than an SUV, they really are the most comfortable on long drives. Last year we booked a Ford Explorer or similar but got a VW Atlas (Touareg) and it was perfect, loads of boot space. My ideal car in the US is a Chevy Tahoe or Suburban though!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

We went for a big SUV as we wanted the height (for good visibility and viewing scenery) as well as comfort and luggage space. This was for four of us. The height is a very valid point - I was worried leaving the car rental place in San Francisco 😂
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bullpeppar View Post
Chevy Tahoe every time for me - hope you have a wonderful trip
Good shout. Or similar

Edited at 09:23 PM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Thanks for replies everyone👍