Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 30 Jun 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Anyone cancelled or considering cancelling their Annual Pass for a refund?

We had hoped to use our annual pass's on 3-trips but only managed the once and it's now getting to the point where we won't be able to use it again before it's new expiry date in January.

A DVC Gold Pass is $744.44 and renewal is $632.61 (with tax) so a saving of $111.83 if we did renewed in January.

But if we cancelled over the next few weeks am I right in thinking we would receive a refund of 4-months, so a third and hopefully that includes the tax?

Not sure of the price we paid but using current pricing could that mean a refund of around $248?

Okay, we would loose the park reservations we currently have for this year but it's highly unlikely we'll now be going and we also wouldn't be able to make any more park reservations. And while we would have to pay the full price when we next buy an annual pass there could still be a saving of around $136 per ticket.

More importantly the annual pass starts when we next visit a park and that for us might now be over a year away, hopefully if timed right we can then get in at least two holidays over those 12-months.
Anyone else considering or have requested a refund or is our thinking flawed?
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Donna McG
Serious Dibber

We had an AP that we got in November in the hopes of maybe using a cheeky week early this year and then our main 2 week holiday in September. We obviously didn’t get away earlier in the year and have had our Sept holiday cancelled by Virgin so I called up to cancel my AP. At the time they were only offering a refund on months the parks were closed and not the remaining AP however I’ve seen that has changed. As yet I haven’t had a refund - they said they would put my remaining months request forward and I will be notified once the parks are open again. So I’m hoping to be refunded more than half my AP back. I’m still out of pocket but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Donna McG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We upgraded to annual pass in June last year as we were going in May this year and it was worth it.

Holiday cancelled.
Job took a hit and no idea when we can go back.

Asked for a refund. Not received one yet.

Hindsight is a great thing as this has cost me at least £1700 for sweet fa
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I think you are right in your thinking. If you aren’t rushing back a refund will be a better option.

We are holding on to ours as they were renewed and thus run from May 2020 but got extended to Sept 2021.
Assuming our October trip I still on we can get 4 holidays out of them so for us it’s worth hanging on to.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Yes, I asked for a refund even though the extension meant it would still be valid for my October trip (my expiry date is August 1st)

I purchased a new one the day before they stopped selling them so I now have both the old one and an unactivated new one linked to my account.

This enabled me to book my park days in October and May and I'll aim to get a third trip in before it expires.

I figured the extension might turn out pointless if I end up not being able to go in October and the refund made the new pass price pretty attractive.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally they said you could get a pro-rata refund for the time the park was closed, or an extension.

Then few weeks ago it changed to an offer to cancel the pass with a refund - so to me if they are cancelling the pass they should refund from park closure to pass expiry, if they are not going to do this then its a bit cheeky of them.

I bought my pass in November, I called to say I wanted the refund and noticed that my pass was not extended (many say they have) so have no idea what is going on at the moment.

Ive cwnclled September so have got v poor use from it.

At this rate, the parks will close again anyway and it be more of a mess.
Old 30 Jun 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Many thanks for all your responses and so sorry for those who's had little to no use of their AP.

Wishful thinking but I wonder if Disney could be persuaded to offer a different option to International AP holders due to the fact that they're prohibited from entering the States.

Many of those might be seeking a refund which is not good news for Disney, but some might not request a refund if they had another option of freezing their annual pass from the day the parks closed up until they next visit a park.

In fact something like that should be offered to all AP holders so long as they return to a park within 18-months from the date when all the parks are reopened.

Good luck to those who requested a refund.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Hi our AP were due to expire in May, we were at MK on the day it closed. As we knew we wouldn't be able to get back before they expired I asked for a refund. Haven't received any notification but just noticed a pro rata refund has been made to my credit card. Received slightly more than I was expecting as well. Well done Disney
Jennywren is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We have 3 AP's. Will be requesting a refund on one of them. (daughter back at Uni doing Masters - she can't come when we are planning to go)

Will be extending AP's on Oct 22nd. They did expire August 22nd but have been extended out to Dec 22nd, so we are planning to use in Nov this year, next May and next Nov/Dec.

If we don't get to go this Nov then may just get a refund, rent the DVC out and go somewhere else instead.

After years of planning and knowing exactly where we were going when all this uncertainty is rubbish!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

The following was posted on disneyworld/experi...ses/#reopening and stated emails will be sent in phases from 14th July.

August 11 - Deadline to select an option to manage your annual pass

If you are an Annual Passholder that has paid in full, your options are:

Receive an additional one-month (30 days) extension to your pass (unless you choose to cancel your pass). This additional month will automatically be processed and visible in your My Disney Experience account over the coming weeks.

If you prefer, and in lieu of the one-month extension, you may choose to cancel your annual pass(es). Your pass will remain valid through August 11, 2020 and will be canceled effective August 12, 2020.

You will be refunded for the remaining access days of your annual pass from July 11, 2020 through your pass expiration date (as extended, if applicable).

Refunds to original form of payment can be expected by mid- to late September.

Refunds may take up to an additional month to receive if original form of payment is not available.

To request this option, contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277.

Now through August 11, 2020, call V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at 407-939-7277 to cancel your pass or for assistance on any individual concerns.

Please note that once submitted, selections cannot be changed.

Please note: We will email Annual Passholders these details in phases over the course of several hours beginning the afternoon of July 14.