Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 1 Jul 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile Pts back to original use year?

Someone on a other thread has a booking in September on borrowed pts and was under the impression these pts would still go back to the original use year despite the closure period ending on June 22nd , and no mention of this policy still exisiting?

Is this the case as it would steer me more towards cancelling October?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

We cancelled our October trip a couple of weeks ago and our borrowed points were put back in to 2020 straight away.

Edited at 11:13 AM.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
We cancelled our October trip a couple of weeks ago and our borrowed points were put back in to 202 straight away.
Oh that's good news, thank you. Did you have to call them to do this? Holding on a bit longer for now.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Oh that's good news, thank you. Did you have to call them to do this? Holding on a bit longer for now.
Yes we did call because our reservation was actually made up from 2contracts, same resort and UY (Dec). We also asked the cast member to bank our 2019 points for us, they only showed as banked a couple of days ago, but the 2020 points went back immediately.
Good Luck with your call, I was on hold for quite a while but was worth the wait for the peace of mind.
Just have to look forward to 2021 for our next Disney Fix lol
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes we did call because our reservation was actually made up from 2contracts, same resort and UY (Dec). We also asked the cast member to bank our 2019 points for us, they only showed as banked a couple of days ago, but the 2020 points went back immediately.
Good Luck with your call, I was on hold for quite a while but was worth the wait for the peace of mind.
Just have to look forward to 2021 for our next Disney Fix lol
Will have to wait a bit longer as i don't think we can do anything with our Virgin flights in Oct yet as they plan to operate as normal. So difficult to know what to do!

Thanks for the info 🙂
Old 1 Jul 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Will have to wait a bit longer as i don't think we can do anything with our Virgin flights in Oct yet as they plan to operate as normal. So difficult to know what to do!

Thanks for the info 🙂
I've changed our Virgin flights to January in the hope that it will be possible... it's not looking great though tbh
Old 2 Jul 20, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

I've changed our Virgin flights to January in the hope that it will be possible... it's not looking great though tbh
Oh, are they letting us change October flights for free now too?
Old 2 Jul 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
No sorry. Only flights up to 30th September 2020

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Our flights were bought with Airmiles and it was easy to change the dates, I actually called to cancel, spoke to a lovely guy who was working from home and he suggested that I change the dates on the booking rather than cancel.
Our alternative to October plan was for an August 2021 trip but obviously way too soon to see availability; so I decided to make the booking for January.
He even refunded 25k airmiles as the new booking needed less points.
All sorted out in about ten minutes and we now have 2 Florida trips to look forward to next year... fingers crossed lol
Old 2 Jul 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Our flights were bought with Airmiles and it was easy to change the dates, I actually called to cancel, spoke to a lovely guy who was working from home and he suggested that I change the dates on the booking rather than cancel.
Our alternative to October plan was for an August 2021 trip but obviously way too soon to see availability; so I decided to make the booking for January.
He even refunded 25k airmiles as the new booking needed less points.
All sorted out in about ten minutes and we now have 2 Florida trips to look forward to next year... fingers crossed lol
Ah that was fortunate. Glad you were able to change them so easily.

We paid for UC tickets so far far too much to walk away from 😢 If the plane is flying and the borders are open we will be going. Happy either way now so long as we know soon what's happening.

Edited at 12:18 PM.