Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 7 Jul 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by robbrdbry View Post
Any further advice on what those “some” might be?
I mean the 2042 expiry ones.
Beach Club, Boardwalk and Boulder Ridge.

OKW on an extended contract would be ok in my view.

But if someone was in their 60's say and wanted to use one of the 3 above for a max of 10 years and the price was right then it would be fine. However Beach Club and Boardwalk are overpriced in my view for the time remaining on said contracts.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I’m with Tom. I wouldn’t buy a resort that expired in 20 years unless the prices reflected that (which they don’t). If I was still 33 that is 😂
Now i've read this after some sleep, I 100% see what he was getting at. I mean when we discussed it, it'll take us through to 55 but as people say, the price really doesn't reflect that.
robbrdbry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Out of your 2 options I'd buy at The Poly for the longer life on the contract. Whether you'll use it or not, it's still significantly better value, and should you come to sell it on you could recoup some, if not all of your investment.

My original home resort is The Beach Club which we all absolutely adore, but I bought there in 2002 with 40 years left on the contract, I wouldn't buy there now.

As Bev said, you can usually get The Boardwalk at 7 months, and The Poly generally has 7 month availability also so I'd be looking for value for points at a resort I was happy to stay at should I have limited choice on availability when I holidayed.

I think if availability is what people say it is, then the Poly seems like the wiser choice as worse comes to worse, we can always split a stay between there and the boardwalk etc. Plus looking around, it would appear that the Poly has the cheapest annual dues and it is more desirable than the 2042 resorts. Just a shame we can't see into the future to see if Disney offer extensions on these resorts.
robbrdbry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Good point. We tend to book the standard view which are great points value.
Absolutely, I managed to get 5 nights in a standard 1 bed at less then 7 months for last July.

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

Poly it is then
Old 8 Jul 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

As an owner of the Poly I can highly recommend it
Old 8 Jul 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

The only thing I’d say about the Poly ...

And I love it there, it’s my absolute favourite resort and never thought I would ever be able to afford to stay there (Thank you DVC) is that the room choice is basically terrible. Studio (which are massive and wonderful!) or the villa thingies which are points heavy to say the least.

You may think it doesn’t matter. I was absolutely certain if would never matter to us and that we would always be happy in a studio but as I’ve found over the years that occasionally it’s very good at 11 months to have a wider range of room choice. And you just don’t have that at the Poly unfortunately.

Like I say, I never thought I’d think that but 17 years have passed and stuff has changed that I would never have predicted.
Old 9 Jul 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by robbrdbry View Post
Poly it is then
I hope you can find the right listing now.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 11 Jul 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Helenr View Post
You can ‘usually’ get boardwalk (Preferred view rooms) at 7 months
It really depends on season. During food and wine it is very difficult to get standard or boardwalk view at 11months (1 or 2 bed)
vhm672 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
robbrdbry
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
The only thing I’d say about the Poly ...

And I love it there, it’s my absolute favourite resort and never thought I would ever be able to afford to stay there (Thank you DVC) is that the room choice is basically terrible. Studio (which are massive and wonderful!) or the villa thingies which are points heavy to say the least.

You may think it doesn’t matter. I was absolutely certain if would never matter to us and that we would always be happy in a studio but as I’ve found over the years that occasionally it’s very good at 11 months to have a wider range of room choice. And you just don’t have that at the Poly unfortunately.

Like I say, I never thought I’d think that but 17 years have passed and stuff has changed that I would never have predicted.

Thanks for the honest answer. This is something we're worried about too.