Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Jul 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
YT do you think you could possibly come round and explain that to my DH

10 nights in GF is coming in at £7,800 for next year - just to add that's without tickets . I've seen a contract at SSR with 320 banked points and 160 coming in Aug 21 for 15k but he won't go for it
That's a great contract especially with up to 480-points that you could use next year, depending on availability that could get you 26-nights in a standard GFV studio from 1st Jan 2021 or 36-nights in an SSR studio.

Even from 1st July 2021 you could still get 20-nights in a standard GFV studio or 31-nights in an SSR studio.

And with the 160-points coming on Aug 2022 you could book 9-nights in a standard GFV studio for early September (depending on availability) and each year thereafter, maybe you should to get your DH to pm YorkshireT.

Edited at 09:54 AM.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
That's a great contract especially with up to 480-points that you could use next year, depending on availability that could get you 26-nights in a standard GFV studio from 1st Jan 2021 or 36-nights in an SSR studio.

Even from 1st July 2021 you could still get 20-nights in a standard GFV studio or 31-nights in an SSR studio.

And with the 160-points coming on Aug 2022 you could book 9-nights in a standard GFV studio for early September (depending on availability) and each year thereafter, maybe you should to get your DH to pm YorkshireT.
Thank you! I knew my maths made sense

I particularly want to stay at VGF next year so I do understand that I'd probably need to have enough points for a 1 bed as I'm assuming studio availability at 7 months would be hard to come by, but yes, I could look at August 21 for 10 nights in a 1 bed. My only concern is that I'd be risking it being full at 7 months and then I can't get into the resort I want to stay at next year.

I could look at a VGF contact but the price per point is eye-wateringly more...

This contract is up for $108 per point and SSR is 2054 expiry so would give us 34 years and take me up to 73!

Arrrghghgh decisions, decisions!
Old 9 Jul 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh wish hadn't seen this. Fantastic deal at our favourite (only!&#128522 resort. Off to buy a scratch card!
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
Please delete if not allowed but I just wanted to let this group know first. We just received two listings at Old Key West that expire 2057 and they are 75 points each.

They are both September use years and owned by the same owner.

One has 75 points coming on 9/1/20 and 75 points coming on 9/1/21. Priced at $118 per point ($8,850), closing costs are $560 and dues are $588.

One has 27 points coming on 9/1/20 and 75 points coming on 9/1/21. Priced at $118 per point ($8,850), closing costs are $560 and dues are $211.68.

We send out our email tomorrow with the new listings and they will be in there but I wanted to let you know now. These 2057 Old Key West listings are rare.

Thanks,
Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
In case anyone was still considering purchasing these I wanted to let you know they have now both gone "sale pending." If you are looking for something specific and want me to keep an eye out for you please feel free to email me at jason@buyandselldvc.com.

Thanks,
Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 13 Jul 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post

a great buy, we love OKW infact after staying at AVL kiddani, the Poly and SSR ( our own resort ) we still prefer OKW
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I wish I understood DVC better. DH suggested we do this years ago and I was always a bit concerned about “timeshare” so we didn’t but have gone at least every other year for many years. Now I have the funds to do this, kids are adults but still love going and I’m sure if we didn’t go they still would (presume this is allowed).
I’ve looked at the Disney info but still confused!
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Princesses 3 View Post
I wish I understood DVC better. DH suggested we do this years ago and I was always a bit concerned about “timeshare” so we didn’t but have gone at least every other year for many years. Now I have the funds to do this, kids are adults but still love going and I’m sure if we didn’t go they still would (presume this is allowed).
I’ve looked at the Disney info but still confused!
I would start with looking at the point charts for the different resorts. You will see that Old Key West requires fewer points than say Bay Lake Tower. If you can figure out which DVC Resort you want to stay, the size of room, the number of nights per year, every other year or every three years you want to stay you can then figure out how many points you think you need to own.

Then it becomes a matter of deciding on the right listing.

I would start there and go from there.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®