Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Jul 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

So, in short

Seaworld: Icebreaker - Work currently stalled due to Seaworlds financial situation. Company has had a fairly large lien applied by RMC, however it was due to go into testing, so once that situation has been resolved, then it should open fairly quickly.

Busch: Iron Gwazi - Similar situation to Icebreaker, however was further along in it's testing period. Again, once the Lien has been settled then it should be up and running quite quickly, less than a month i reckon.

Disney:
Ratatouille - Pretty much complete. Awaiting opening date
GoG - Not really sure, as it's undercover you can't really see a lot, but before lockdown they had the launch complete, but the entire queue building was an empty shell. Disney stopped construction during the lockdown, so won't have progressed much - similar to tron, they've lost a wack of time, so maybe towards the end of next year?
Tron - Track complete last year, and building cladding almost complete before the lockdown. Again, construction stopped during the lockdown, and this is compounded by the fact that in addition to the ride, they have to reroute the railway through it. Don't expect this next year anymore, they've lost a wack of time.

Universal: Unnamed Jurassic Park coaster (Velcicoaster) - Universal haven't even acknowledged this yet, according to them it's a "landscaping project". Construction didn't stop during the lockdown, and has progressed. Almost track complete (awaiting S bend) and was topped off last week (highest point completed). Wack of show building and ground theming to complete, but I'm hopeful this could be next spring?
Bourne Stunt Spectacular - Show, but new and is now open and is apparently spectacular.
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Disney may have stopped construction but it was only for a couple of months, they re-opened construction start June, it could delay by 2 months, but I guess they don't have much motivation to speed things up and may even slow things down to save money. I would kinda be surprised if tron isn't ready before the 50th Birthday celebration though.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

I think Seaworld is getting another coaster after Ice breaker. Plans have been submitted for a 'surf coaster' to go near the entrance (and where the xmas meet and greets are). Being made by B&M and is a launch coaster by the looks of it. I expect all is hold again so 2021 may be not doable, but hoping 2022 x

thecoasterkings/new-...aunch-coaster/

Edited at 03:38 PM.
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
This was what we knew regarding the forthcoming attractions at the very beginning of this year before the world went crazy:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/For...ns-p-1502.html

Some of those rough dates are no longer applicable -specifically those that said Spring or Summer 2020. And we know that a couple of attractions listed have been put on hold. So it needs a bit of updating.

At a guess I'd say the following will open later this year or next year:
  • Iron Gwazi
  • Ice Breaker
  • Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
  • Jurassic Park rollercoaster
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
  • TRON Lightcycle Run (probably)
  • Play Pavilion (maybe)

I suspect the rest might get pushed back to late 2021 (after Oct) or into 2022 or beyond.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 04:05 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List