Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jul 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We are still planning on going in Sept 21. Villa is booked, Disney tickets booked and park days reserved. I can cope with the social distancing being in place, in fact I like the idea of people not being packed in so tightly in the queues! I can even cope with wearing a mask. Our children are adults so they won't bother with the meet and greets or the parades. I will be disappointed if the shows are cancelled but it's not a deal breaker. The main thing will be for Florida to have some sort of grip on the virus. I would like to hope there is a vaccine by then, although there is some very positive research on this, it's not a definite. If the time draws close and I feel it's too much of a risk then we will cancel, but for now it's something positive to focus on and I will continue to plan.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

We are hoping for July 21 after July 20 got cancelled. Have moved our universal one night hotel ( can cancel), rebooked car hire (can cancel) Disney and universal tickets extended to next year (can cancel). So if things improve we will look to book flights and villa, but waiting on FCO and return of fireworks at Disney before making a firm booking.
Old 20 Jul 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

I think the best thing to do for next year is book, if you can accept the potential loss of your deposit (which you might get back from your credit card anyway), just to secure the price. Come October, those prices are going up undoubtedly.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

booked May 2021, have until Feb to decide whether to cancel and lose deposit which I will do if masks are still required, not doing Disney parks but we might do one day at Epcot if we can get a reservation

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Initially i was unwilling to go away if facemasks were required, and although i still dont really think they are all that useful, they are becoming ubiquitous all over the world and in all walks of life, so unless we dont want to leave the house, its kind of a case of accept them and carry on.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Before I book I would want to make sure everywhere is open. Currently, there are no plans to open the water parks, no plans to restart the parades or fireworks. My £10k will stay in my bank account until these are back running
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
Initially i was unwilling to go away if facemasks were required, and although i still dont really think they are all that useful, they are becoming ubiquitous all over the world and in all walks of life, so unless we dont want to leave the house, its kind of a case of accept them and carry on.
it's everyone's personal choice but my husband wears one for 8 hours a day in a hot factory so I wouldn't force him to do it on a holiday that's cost thousands to be uncomfortable in the Florida heat

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
For me, booked in Sept 2021, I will be going whatever, unless travel is still banned of course. If I have to wear a mask I will. As for Water Parks, whether they are open or not won't matter to me as I don't go to water parks at all, not my thing. The fireworks would be missed but certainly not a deal breaker. As for the parades I actually like the way they are doing things currently with the impromptu cavalcades because the scheduled parades, whilst being nice to watch I hate the mad scramble to get places to watch them so generally I avoid them and go on the rides while they are on. However each to his own. The other reason for staying with 2021 is I don't know how many more times I will be be able to get to go again (Not getting any younger lol) so would prefer to take any opportunity having not been able to go this year. Again as I say it is my own view coloured by my own interests and thoughts about my own future

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive

Edited at 01:06 PM.
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
it's everyone's personal choice but my husband wears one for 8 hours a day in a hot factory so I wouldn't force him to do it on a holiday that's cost thousands to be uncomfortable in the Florida heat
Im not advocating twisting the rules, but Disney cast members have been told that people walking around the parks with food or drink arent to be challenged if they have no facemask on for fairly obvious reasons. So, do with that info what you will (actually id feel guilty doing that just to avoid a facemask, but if you like to eat and drink whilst strolling around the parks... )
Old 20 Jul 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
Im not advocating twisting the rules, but Disney cast members have been told that people walking around the parks with food or drink arent to be challenged if they have no facemask on for fairly obvious reasons. So, do with that info what you will (actually id feel guilty doing that just to avoid a facemask, but if you like to eat and drink whilst strolling around the parks... )
I thought they had closed that loophole now? Official rules on wdw website state you must be stationary to eat/drink.
Jedi is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List