Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jul 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
I thought they had closed that loophole now? Official rules on wdw website state you must be stationary to eat/drink.
Ah, that does make sense. Although they evidently arent enforcing it, if the person i spoke to who was in a park yesterday is anything to go by.

Lets face it, they have more important jobs and limited manpower to do it, to be chasing everyone who might be, shock horror, walking whilst eating a Mickey shaped pretzel.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
it's everyone's personal choice but my husband wears one for 8 hours a day in a hot factory so I wouldn't force him to do it on a holiday that's cost thousands to be uncomfortable in the Florida heat
You might find that works the other way. I worked as a chef for several years, we were next to hot stoves all day. When it got warm outside we'd have wait staff moaning about the heat, whereas for us it was "a bit warmer". Far less impactful than for those not used to it !
Old 22 Jul 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
August 2021 for us. Hoping 3rd time lucky. First we booked with Thomas Cook Then we rebooked with Tui for May 2020. Watching YouTube daily (Prince Charming Dev, Hit the Theme Parks, Paging Mr.Morrow etc) At first it was we’re not going if you have to wear masks, no characters and no parades. Now I’m checking out Disney masks, reminding myself that I’m more bothered about the characters and parades than my youngest 😂
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I was soooo looking forward to going back to Disney, wish we could go in 2021! I don’t think we will be though, want everything to be back to normal ( if it will be ) before I pay so much money for a holiday! Early 2022 for us hopefully! Such a long way I would’ve had all my fast passes by now for a holiday in September ! Oh well , looking forward to when we can go anyways 😊
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
tunnie12345
Proud to wear my Ears

I am forever an optimist. Florida have managed to get their R rate down to 0.7-1.1. They have managed to do this with very few restrictions in place. Meaning it’s unlikely the R rate would massively increase as there isn’t really much to open up. Whether this is due to the main hot spots like Miami dade having some sort of natural herd immunity is anyone’s guess.

Once the uk got the R rate down that low it has taken us less than 3 months to get to where we are now. I would like to think by Christmas Florida will be in a much better place with flights allowed back into the country etc.

Even the WHO now think vaccinations are likely to begin in early 2021. I’m going in May and I do think things will be much better... maybe fireworks and parades may become something you need to reserve like on a fast pass to avoid huge crowds ( I would actually prefer this).

Maybe I’m to optimistic. However I need to something to look forward to
tunnie12345 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

I like to have things planned in advance, so much so I booked my villa in Dec last year for July 2021 to ensure I'd have it!

The thought of having to reserve days is actually a dream come true to me Hoping things get better out there though - although for us it's a holiday ruined, for some folk it's there businesses and lives. Fingers crossed there is some resemblance of normality by Xmas time.
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I have moved August this year to next with Disney and will book a BA flydrive September with my £150 voucher. If it’s not back to pretty much normal we will rearrange again if I lose deposits so be it
But 🤞
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
rachael1991
Helping Minnie

rachael1991's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Next trip is going to be for our honeymoon, we get married next June so was hoping for September onwards but think we might leave it till early 2022. Just to be safe and more time to pay off as well!
WDW Honeymoon... 2021?
rachael1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
CHRISBLUE43
Trying for More Ears

We are in the same boat, booked villa for end of May/start of June 2021, 12 people.
In normal circumstances would have booked flights by now but this is going to be the holiday of a lifetime for the 4 grandkids so unless they are going to be able to experience the full Disney/Universal magic I really don't see the point. Problem is you could find that by then Florida is open but there are still big restrictions in the parks and you have paid out a whole lot of money to do not much more than sit by a villa pool in the sun.
CHRISBLUE43 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by CHRISBLUE43 View Post
Problem is you could find that by then Florida is open but there are still big restrictions in the parks and you have paid out a whole lot of money to do not much more than sit by a villa pool in the sun.
I agree. For us, a holiday to Orlando is over £8k so I want to have the full Disney/Universal experience with no masks.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List