Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Jul 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

FCO advises against all but essential travel to mainland Spain better check your travel insurance and flights. Gutted for you and those abroad who will have to quarantine on return to the UK. But better to be safe sorry.

Edited at 07:56 PM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

FCO advice has changed as well for Mainland Spain gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain

So anyone due to go best to check your travel insurance.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
FCO advice has changed as well for Mainland Spain gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain

So anyone due to go best to check your travel insurance.
Definitely no cover. Spanish holidays are over for this season
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
shearwood
Excited about Disney

yep just had our holiday for 4th cancelled by easy jet
shearwood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shearwood View Post
yep just had our holiday for 4th cancelled by easy jet
Oh no, easyjet said earlier tonight they weren't cancelling flights despite today's news ref Spain
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Yeah they have the right but they won’t .
I think last time they fined 3 people or something .. they don’t have the officers and they don’t have the money to implement the checks .
I’m happy to quarantine if I have to but I doubt I’d be caught if I was feckless enough to go about my life as normal .
It would likely be different for smaller shops, but if they work in a large chain and couldn’t work from home, and the employer knew you had been to Spain, they may force you to take two weeks annual or even unpaid leave on return. Wouldn’t prevent someone failing to adhere to the quarantine rules but may sharpen minds
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Jet2 are now saying they will continue with flights which goes against their earlier message of not flying to anywhere that goes against fco advice. This means I can only move our flights and for next year this is looking incredibly expensive as we are tied to school hols!
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Jet2 are now saying they will continue with flights which goes against their earlier message of not flying to anywhere that goes against fco advice. This means I can only move our flights and for next year this is looking incredibly expensive as we are tied to school hols!
Hi, where have you seen this? We are also booked flights with Jet 2. Very disappointing as I would have at least hoped for cancellation given the FCO are advising against travel. What a mess 😩
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Hi, where have you seen this? We are also booked flights with Jet 2. Very disappointing as I would have at least hoped for cancellation given the FCO are advising against travel. What a mess 😩
A local and very reputable travel agent has just advised it on her Facebook page following an update from them and also a friend works for them as fligh ops manager. She text her boss to see if flights would be cancelled and they have said no they will still run but free of charge flight changes will be offered.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
A local and very reputable travel agent has just advised it on her Facebook page following an update from them and also a friend works for them as fligh ops manager. She text her boss to see if flights would be cancelled and they have said no they will still run but free of charge flight changes will be offered.
Thankyou. I wonder if you can change to a different destination rather than have to stick with the same flight? Would consider switching to Greece if possible.I’ve just looked for next year as well for flights to Malaga, we are stucj to school holidays also and it’s double the price!
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List