Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Jul 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Thank you. That number still isn't accepting calls but as you say not urgent so I will try later.

Just not sure how it works, whether I can change to 2022 or would I get a voucher for the deposit to use then...
You get a voucher which is valid to 2022.
You can use towards any new booking you make but have to wait for the flights to be released, ie, 355 days before departure.
You therefore wouldn’t be able To use your voucher to book any flights departing after mid July 2021 yet.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
You get a voucher which is valid to 2022.
You can use towards any new booking you make but have to wait for the flights to be released, ie, 355 days before departure.
You therefore wouldn’t be able To use your voucher to book any flights departing after mid July 2021 yet.
That would be OK. If they would give me a voucher for the £350 deposit I am happy to wait.

I just feel that most of next year will be a write off now 🙈 Hope i'm wrong though.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Exactly my experience. I booked within the time frame to allow free amendments, only I can't amend it 😭
Just got through. Moved flights from lgw-tpa to lhr-mco and saved £146 plus a 2hrs on the journey when you consider both ends 👍

Now if only they can sort covid...
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stokieuk View Post
Just got through. Moved flights from lgw-tpa to lhr-mco and saved £146 plus a 2hrs on the journey when you consider both ends 👍

Now if only they can sort covid...
That's good news. Will give it another go soon. Assuming you didn't change dates just the flights?
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

That's good news. Will give it another go soon. Assuming you didn't change dates just the flights?
Yes just flight outbound/inbound 👍
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I purposely didn’t select a car hire or hotel and kept it to bare bones flight as I wasn’t sure if that would then stick me on a package deal where I couldn’t amend or mean I couldn’t amend it online via the flight booking page. So I just got the flight. I haven’t been through and tried it but it appears I can amend it online.
Old 1 Aug 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I purposely didn’t select a car hire or hotel and kept it to bare bones flight as I wasn’t sure if that would then stick me on a package deal where I couldn’t amend or mean I couldn’t amend it online via the flight booking page. So I just got the flight. I haven’t been through and tried it but it appears I can amend it online.
That is correct YorkshireT - flight only journeys can be amended online but packages of any sort can't.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Opted to just claim the voucher online instead. Should have it within 7 days, and I can then use that for 2022 for a hopefully more 'normal' Disney trip 🙂

Now to convince myself that 'staycations' are enjoyable and value for money 😂
Old 8 Aug 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Another quick post to say how incredible service has been from BA.

Despite saying that a voucher was OK, they have refunded me in full in cash. The money hit my card within a couple of days.

Will certainly be using them in future!