Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Aug 20, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

Our flights from Gatwick to Tampa in Oct are still currently going a head. but i hope to goodness they cancel soon.

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyM
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Try 0800 727 800 and don't choose any options - but you might need a little patience as it is very busy at the contact centres at the moment.

BA seem to have cancelled the last of their 3 flights in each direction per day(BA211/210) so should transfer you to another of their flights for your dates.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Spoke to BA this morning. They have transferred us all on to earlier flightS each day, really relieved. Now just need to keep fingers crossed we can travel. Thanks for you help.
Old 6 Aug 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyM
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by gazadonna9 View Post
Our flights on 24th Nov from Gatwick flying BA have been cancelled. I think it’s to do with flights changing to Heathrow. I wasn’t given an option to change and I haven’t called them yet to rearrange if it’s possible as they said they would be in touch 🙄 I might give them a call today
I called them today and everything is now sorted. It was a long wait on the phone but you get there in the end.
Old 7 Aug 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Still no joy been trying to get through to them since Wednesday. wow fingers crossed while writing this thought I would try one last time stuck in the queue that is progress.
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey

Apparently booking car and flight is a package holiday so after 35 mins on phone she could not help me !
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Glyndsey View Post
Apparently booking car and flight is a package holiday so after 35 mins on phone she could not help me !
Sorry to hear that - I didn't see anywhere in your posts that you had booked a car and a flight so I thought you had flight only. Were they unable to transfer you to the BA Holiday department?
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey

Sorry to hear that - I didn't see anywhere in your posts that you had booked a car and a flight so I thought you had flight only. Were they unable to transfer you to the BA Holiday department?
Thanks I didn't think to mention it as didn't think it made much difference Was told she could not do anything to help me I would need to call again. Currently on hold again 20 mins in found flights for Orlando similar price so hoping to be able to book that and cancel the other one if possible just hoping to speak to someone before flight prices change.
Old 7 Aug 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey

I had to request a refund will take 10 days and pay the deposit on the new flights but as a result of having to do a new booking I changed the flights to later in the year so back on a May Holiday. Unfortunately we will loose the car parking which we moved to Feb and the insurance policy
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Glyndsey View Post
I had to request a refund will take 10 days and pay the deposit on the new flights but as a result of having to do a new booking I changed the flights to later in the year so back on a May Holiday. Unfortunately we will loose the car parking which we moved to Feb and the insurance policy
Pleased to hear you got sorted out in the end even if it wasn't the way you intended. Please let us know when you get your refund - hopefully it will be in less than 10 days as BA seem to be pretty good at getting that done quickly according to our DIBB members.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey

Pleased to hear you got sorted out in the end even if it wasn't the way you intended. Please let us know when you get your refund - hopefully it will be in less than 10 days as BA seem to be pretty good at getting that done quickly according to our DIBB members.
Will do although not had the email confirmation yet. We are meant to be getting refunded 300 from original may booking and 350 when we rebooked for February 21.