Notices

View Poll Results: Did you feel ill after having the flu jab?
Yes 27 11.84%
No 201 88.16%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Aug 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

I was a little surprised last year when pharmacist at Tesco told me not to leave the store for 15 minutes after I'd had the jab. I understood that it was because some people pass out after a jab (not just the flu jab). I'd done all my shopping so just browsed the magazines for awhile before going home. I had no ill effects.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Yes but I’m not bothered by injections irrespective of them being IM, IV or SC so I still consider I’m completely relaxed when having my flu jab & still usually get a sore spot for a day or so.
Out of curiosity (and please ignore if you don't want to answer) what volume are your normal injections? I do wonder whether the heavy/inflamed arm is in part due to the volume of the vaccination.

I agree on the sore arm! It is annoying, and thankfully I have never had anything worse. I have, on the other hand, been left with severe bruising after donating blood (so bad that my arm swelled up).
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
beanbunny
Apprentice Imagineer

I felt ill after having my injection last year. I have had it for several years and never had any reaction before, not even a sore arm, so I just thought it was a coincidence and nothing to do with the flu jab.
It felt like mild flu like symptoms, generally unwell with aches and pains. Not bad enough not to go to work though.
Old 8 Aug 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes every time within 48 hours I’m totally and utterly floored for 24 hours
But having real flu including swine+flue 4 times I will have+it with;Lupus fibro and a family member now with a hard transplant it be totally selfish for us not too
Appoint booked with GP October 1
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A couple of times I had an asthma attack shortly afterwards but I don’t know if the flu jab was the cause. Had the jab last year and had no issues
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I had my first flu jab last year and I felt nauseous for a few days after and also a very sore arm. I wouldn't say I was close to death though, just felt sick

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Absolutely no side effects for me. I was very impressed with how th3 whole thing was run. It took me longer to walk from the car to the building than to get the jab itself !
Old 2 May 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Last October I had my first ever flu jab. I’d reached the golden age of 74 and with the virus around reckoned it may help. Never seen a doctor since 2013 when I fell and broke my wrist so I’m fit and healthy.
Jab was great, laughed at hubby who gets flu jab every year but had a sore arm. Boy, that was a mistake, later that day I was floored, sweating but freezing, nausea, headache and aches. Ok after a couple of days but said never again.
Pfizer jab ... no reaction at all.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List