Notices

Old 14 Dec 16, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
I want! Hahahaha! Xxx
Check Out Luby and Lola... so many gorgeous designs and really reasonable prices too!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Food Glorious Food!

So with the madness of Christmas now over my thoughts have turned back to DLP planning... Only 28 days to go!

It's fair to say that one of Paul and I's favorite thing to do on any trip we take is eat! So we have been having a good mull over the DLP offerings and have compiled a shortlist of must-visit restaurants! Whilst we haven't made any reservations just yet these three are pretty much locked in as guaranteed!

Planet Hollywood

We love Planet Hollywood in Disney Springs and we were gutted we missed out on going when we where there earlier this year due it being shut for renovations so we are really excited to check out DLP's offering. At the moment I am ear-marking this for the Sunday evening which will be my actual birthday.

Rainforest Cafe

Another favourite in Orlando! I recently visited the London restaurant with fellow Dibbers Rachael and Helen and I have to say whilst the company was fantastic (obvs!) the dining experience wasn't much to be desired with very small portion sizes and a very large price tag... I am hoping DLP can offer up a much better dining experience!

Annette's Diner

This place just looks great fun! The menu looks good too... I am particularly keen to try out one of the milkshakes!

They are top of our list in terms of table-service restaurants but we are planning on making several quick-service stops throughout the trip so if anyone has any recommendations they would be much appreciated!

One other small update... we received a DLP guidebook from my sister and BIL for Christmas so I am very excited to get swotting up and making some firmer plans of how to make the most of our time in the parks!

I think that pretty much takes me up to date with where we are at in regards to DLP planning. We do have a very exciting new trip in the planning too but I will focus more on that come February once DLP is done and dusted... so stay tuned for another pre-trippy coming soon! (for those of you who follow me on IG you will already be in the know so apologies for the lack of suspense there!)

Edited at 05:15 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Don't want to put a downer on your choices but I have rarely heard anything good about PH and only mixed reviews of RFC. Others may disagree...

My personal faves are Walt's, Remy, Blue Lagoon, Yacht Club, Manhattan and Steakhouse. Cafe Mickey is overpriced but we had decent food and wonderful interaction there. Also fancied trying out Billy Bob's but didn't make it.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

As for quick service, Earl of Sandwich is the best value by far. Fuente del'Oro and Colonel Hathi's Pizza are pretty good.

Lucky Nugget is a real gem - CS but they bring you the food and you get to see a puppet show in the theatre. My fish and chips there were excellent.

Studios is poor for CS. Avoid En Coulisse, long queues, sliw service and cold food. Backlot Express is OK for a croque monsieur meal deal and is always quiet.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Don't want to put a downer on your choices but I have rarely heard anything good about PH and only mixed reviews of RFC. Others may disagree...

My personal faves are Walt's, Remy, Blue Lagoon, Yacht Club, Manhattan and Steakhouse. Cafe Mickey is overpriced but we had decent food and wonderful interaction there. Also fancied trying out Billy Bob's but didn't make it.
As for quick service, Earl of Sandwich is the best value by far. Fuente del'Oro and Colonel Hathi's Pizza are pretty good.

Lucky Nugget is a real gem - CS but they bring you the food and you get to see a puppet show in the theatre. My fish and chips there were excellent.

Studios is poor for CS. Avoid En Coulisse, long queues, sliw service and cold food. Backlot Express is OK for a croque monsieur meal deal and is always quiet.
Thanks so much for the feedback Gill, really disappointing to hear that about PH and RFC (maybe our expectations are too high because of such good experiences in the US!)... think we will need to do some more research here then and perhaps alter our choices!

Great tips for quick-service, thanks so much! EoS is definitely of interest, great to hear it gets a thumbs up!
Old 28 Dec 16, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

I have eaten at RFC in London - overpriced and so-so food.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Old 29 Dec 16, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I have eaten at RFC in London - overpriced and so-so food.
Exactly what we thought too! Won't be heading back in a hurry!
Old 29 Dec 16, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

I'd really recommend Walt's on Main St, we had a lovely meal there and it was so nice sitting looking out onto Main Street! I'm trying to remember where else we ate, we.definitely had an Earl which was delish, Annette's was very good and SO much food. We got dessert included with our meal plan thing and neither of us could face getting one we were so full! I'd definitely check out the restaurants in the hotels round the lake too, we stayed at sequoia lodge and ate at the buffet restaurant on our first night. Had no idea what to expect but the food was very good and lots of choice. We looked at the restaurant in Hotel New York but never ended up going, it looked nice though. We didn't eat in the studios park but I've heard good things about the ratatouille restaurant.
We didn’t eat much counter service wise, we ate in cafe hyperion I think it was called, was OK typical burger/fries fare. We watched Jedi academy while we ate but I don't think that's running at the moment? Bella Notte too which was nice, think we shared a pizza flatbread thing wanted to eat at colonel hathi's it looked really cute but we couldn't fit it in our tummies haha! When we were there in Jan there were only certain restaurants open in the parks each day, presumably because it was off season and the park was quiet.
This website is good to look at menus

dlptownsquare/restaurant-menus/

X
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 16, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vics18 View Post
I'd really recommend Walt's on Main St, we had a lovely meal there and it was so nice sitting looking out onto Main Street! I'm trying to remember where else we ate, we.definitely had an Earl which was delish, Annette's was very good and SO much food. We got dessert included with our meal plan thing and neither of us could face getting one we were so full! I'd definitely check out the restaurants in the hotels round the lake too, we stayed at sequoia lodge and ate at the buffet restaurant on our first night. Had no idea what to expect but the food was very good and lots of choice. We looked at the restaurant in Hotel New York but never ended up going, it looked nice though. We didn't eat in the studios park but I've heard good things about the ratatouille restaurant.
We didn’t eat much counter service wise, we ate in cafe hyperion I think it was called, was OK typical burger/fries fare. We watched Jedi academy while we ate but I don't think that's running at the moment? Bella Notte too which was nice, think we shared a pizza flatbread thing wanted to eat at colonel hathi's it looked really cute but we couldn't fit it in our tummies haha! When we were there in Jan there were only certain restaurants open in the parks each day, presumably because it was off season and the park was quiet.
This website is good to look at menus

dlptownsquare/restaurant-menus/

X
Thanks Vicky, this is so useful... so many options! Good point about not all restaurants being open too, I hadn't thought of that!
Old 29 Dec 16, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Yummy yum yum! Love a foody update

And check Helen & I getting a mention #famous

xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List