Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 Nov 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Do You Want To Read My Trippie ? Day 11 - Grand Floridian Gingerbread House , Star Wars Dessert Part

Today was check out day at the GF and we were surprised to see them starting to build the gingerbread house in the lobby. There was so much gingerbread in tubs everywhere.

They were also giving out samples of the gingerbread ( like a sponge more than a biscuit) and giving out recipes and generally chatting about the house. When it's taken down it's hosed down to remove the royal icing that holds it all together and then fed the the local bees as they go hungry in the winter months apparently. They also have to get the baking amonia from the chemist as they can't buy it. I think she said the chef is Austrian and it's their recipe. The sweets and chocolate were to be added later in the week once the icing had set.
Anyway it tastes lovely but so different to what we are used to here.

This afternoon we were off to the Star Wars dessert part at 5:15pm. Now I had cancelled this , but when my youngest found out he was mortified I had cancelled it so it got rebooked a few days earlier in the queue for the meet and greet for BB8. It was expensive though . Now I had been a bit sceptical after doing the HEA party the previous night. Well it didn't disappointment at all. The food was 100% better then the plaza one at
M.k.

This food wasn't half as sickly as the mk dessert one and the bud light went down well as well. I'm not a cocktail drinker so happy you could get other types of drinks as well

There was a lot of choice at this party , I get what others have said though about the standing part and we ended up in the cantina eating ours which was ok as we had the lanyard on but it was strange drinking alcohol and eating while people were passing through the launch Bay. It didn't spoil it as the food was good but I can see that it didn't feel as exclusive as it should have. Saying that i dud manage to eat quiet a few desserts
Around 6:45 they gathered us up to take us to the Chinese theatre viewing spot. It was great for the projections and the cms were fab but the firework viewing is much better further back to get the full effects of the brilliant firework show. If you love Star Wars I guarantee you will love this show. It's brilliantly done .
We were all given a bb8 drinking cup which was fab ( took some getting home all five of them though ) and disappointingly they asked for the lanyard back . My so. Had walked off though so he didn't realise so he kept his! I think for the price it wouldn't have hurt them to let you keep it as it is pretty cool. Anyway overall I would give the mk one 7\10 and this one 9/10. They were both expensive at just short of $400 and I wouldn't do the Mk one again but I would consider the Star Wars again.

We watched the movie show prior to the fireworks as well. Which was really good.

After we had watched these we made our way over to Epcot as we had been given Vip viewing of illuminations due to the rubbish experience of the ROL package . We were situated across from Italy in what became complaints corner. A small area roped of with a handful of us who had all had bad Cm experiences over the past week or so . Anyway it was a great view and although again no seating , we just turned up 5 minutes before and watched mk and illuminations at the same time.
Overall a great day and night.

Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List