Notices

Old 12 Feb 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I wanted to let you know that I just had a WhatsApp from my SIL...They have arrived. They drove down as we are down south so they used the tunnel. Anyway, when they were getting the stuff out of the car my brother realised he'd left his coat and hat at home! Lots of messages from my other brothers on our group saying he should get a coat from Disney perhaps with dopey on! He said it's snowing there at the moment. Ha ha...Hope your last day at work went quickly.
oh no! Dopey sounds like a good fit for him it is definitely not the time to be forgetting coats and hats! I keep checking the weather forecast, looks like we might get some sunshine and a break from the rain on our last day - suppose I can't really complain when I book in February! But no more snow please
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Right...we are packed, taxi is booked for the morning and all the important documents are piled up not to be forgotten - we're good to go!

I went a bit crazy in Primark and have a Disney jumper and pair of socks for each day

The snack suitcase is nice and full and I've made feel good flapjacks (BBC good food recipe if you fancy trying them) for us to have as a breakfast on the move each morning

I've been checking the forecast and wait times app and all looks fairly promising. I'm so excited!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love the look of your Primark haul, the socks ard fab. It's going to be an awesome trip. I'm off to look up your flapjack recipe that looks tasty.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Hope you have an amazing time!

True to form, yes, I am going to semi-disagree about the food.

The fast food is not fast - it's agonisingly slow - and most of it's not great. It really is worth paying the extra to go for some of the fine dining restaurants, which are better.

You should be fine with Remy - best steak I've had at DLP and the theming is eye-popping. Inventions will be fun and I found the food amazing, particularly if you like whole langoustines, an impressive cheese board, and all the classic desserts including my favourite iles flottantes.

Buffalo Bill's food is ... filling. Just don't go expecting gourmet. Personally I think it's OK for what it is, and at least ours was hot, which is more than we got sometimes elsewhere.

As for CS meals, Market House Deli on Main Street and Blockbuster Cafe in the Studios are good for a croque monsieur - probably the best lunch deal available. Don't bother with a burger anywhere, Five Guys is the same price and a lot better. And EoS is always good. Fuente del'Oro does OK fajitas and churros which make a nice change. And if it's cold and you want a CS meal, go to Lucky Nugget. OK, you will pay more for your meal than most QS, but the saloon is beautiful and you get puppet shows and entertainment - and they bring the food to you.

Looking forward to reading all about it!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Right...we are packed, taxi is booked for the morning and all the important documents are piled up not to be forgotten - we're good to go!

I went a bit crazy in Primark and have a Disney jumper and pair of socks for each day

The snack suitcase is nice and full and I've made feel good flapjacks (BBC good food recipe if you fancy trying them) for us to have as a breakfast on the move each morning

I've been checking the forecast and wait times app and all looks fairly promising. I'm so excited!
I love the socks (the benefit of a DLP, rather than a WDW holiday...you can buy COLD WEATHER Mickey clothes)! Hope you're having an amazing time...and looking forward to hearing about the adventures...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

We're back and wow, what an amazing time we had. It really did live up to my expectations and Mark and Heath were completely converted into Disney fans as well! I'll hopefully start the report a bit later this week...when I've caught up on my sleep!

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Hope you have an amazing time!

True to form, yes, I am going to semi-disagree about the food.

The fast food is not fast - it's agonisingly slow - and most of it's not great. It really is worth paying the extra to go for some of the fine dining restaurants, which are better.

You should be fine with Remy - best steak I've had at DLP and the theming is eye-popping. Inventions will be fun and I found the food amazing, particularly if you like whole langoustines, an impressive cheese board, and all the classic desserts including my favourite iles flottantes.

Buffalo Bill's food is ... filling. Just don't go expecting gourmet. Personally I think it's OK for what it is, and at least ours was hot, which is more than we got sometimes elsewhere.

As for CS meals, Market House Deli on Main Street and Blockbuster Cafe in the Studios are good for a croque monsieur - probably the best lunch deal available. Don't bother with a burger anywhere, Five Guys is the same price and a lot better. And EoS is always good. Fuente del'Oro does OK fajitas and churros which make a nice change. And if it's cold and you want a CS meal, go to Lucky Nugget. OK, you will pay more for your meal than most QS, but the saloon is beautiful and you get puppet shows and entertainment - and they bring the food to you.

Looking forward to reading all about it!
We loved Inventions but I filled up way too fast and didn't even touch the cheese board, heart breaking! I must admit I was more focused on the characters than the food Agree with you about Remy and the Wild West show. I was disappointed by EoS though, maybe mine had just been sitting around awhile but it wasn't anything special. We did stick to CS meals apart from that, tending to eat fairly early so never hit big queues luckily. We just wanted fast and easy on this trip as I was too busy marching us around to sit and enjoy a meal I would definitely try the nicer places on a future visit though.

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
I love the socks (the benefit of a DLP, rather than a WDW holiday...you can buy COLD WEATHER Mickey clothes)! Hope you're having an amazing time...and looking forward to hearing about the adventures...
It was just wonderful April, we loved it! My lovely socks didn't get worn in the end because I bought some padded ones too and stuck with those.

Back to work and school today, sigh, all goes too quickly!
Old 19 Feb 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

I love the look of your Primark haul, the socks ard fab. It's going to be an awesome trip. I'm off to look up your flapjack recipe that looks tasty.
How did your brother and his family get on Abby? Hope they enjoyed it as much as we did! There was one very wet day and it was very cold, but nice and quiet until the weekend.
Old 19 Feb 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
How did your brother and his family get on Abby? Hope they enjoyed it as much as we did! There was one very wet day and it was very cold, but nice and quiet until the weekend.
It sounds like you had an awesome time, I'm really pleased for you. I think they enjoyed it, but I'm not sure it lived up to their expectations. My SIL said that the 3 year old was a bit of a pain and wanted to be carried everywhere, I think they found the in and out of buggies a bit of an issue too. So I guess it felt like a lot of hassle and this affected their enjoyment a bit.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Day one is up! The index should be here - if not, it's the link in my signature.

It sounds like you had an awesome time, I'm really pleased for you. I think they enjoyed it, but I'm not sure it lived up to their expectations. My SIL said that the 3 year old was a bit of a pain and wanted to be carried everywhere, I think they found the in and out of buggies a bit of an issue too. So I guess it felt like a lot of hassle and this affected their enjoyment a bit.
What a shame Abby! I can see how easily it can become a stressful holiday, especially with little ones. Hope they still had fun.
Old 15 May 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Oooh, looking forward to reading this.

Like you, we went the year it opened.
We drove and stayed offsite. My brother was sick on the ferry and my dad got lost on the peripherique round Paris. My brother and I stayed entertained by counting pharmacies (there seemed to be loads).
I remember the Haunted Mansion narration being in French, and Big Thunder Mountain being my favourite ride.

I went again as an adult around 14 or so years ago, and we had a great time staying at Newport Bay. We went over bonfire night and we got a special fireworks/bonfire show on the lake between the hotels, and then the Christmas decs went up the next day. It's a beautiful hotel, I hope you all like it.

Really looking forward to reading your report as so much has changed since I last went.

Love your Primark haul too, and a snack suitcase = genius idea!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List