Notices

Old 20 Oct 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Lucy & Toms last minute, last trip as we know it trip. October 2017 - UPDATE REVEAL!

Welcome to my 2nd trip report. I know I haven't fully finished uploading our first one from May it is all written just haven't had the time to upload it as work is super busy. I'll try upload everything by the time I get back from this trip. You can read what is up so far Here

So firstly some introductions

This is Lucy, she is my wife of 5 years and the one fully responsible for getting me hocked on Orlando holidays. She works as a health and safety director in a medieval castle. Lover of country music and good meals out. Lucy doesn't do planning and has every little input until the final draft is ready.

I'm Tom the main planner and researcher for any trips from a weekend away to full holidays. I work for a French owned yellow formula 1 team based in Enstone. Motorsport (day job doesn't help) and Rugby fan, also enjoy the odd beer or 2 with a BBQ.

So this trip has come a bit last min. We were planning on taking a last minute holiday round November time anyway and have been looking at some alternative options (sorry). I then got invited to a work event in Detroit the week before we were thinking of going away. Work are really good at letting people delay a flight home or look at alternatives providing it doesn't cost more, after a little back and forth they agreed to book a flight back from Orlando for me and I'd arrange my own internal flight option.

It'll also be our 10th trip to WDW 10years after we first came and almost bang on the same dates.

The dates didn't quite match when Lucy could have time off but as I didn't fancy flying to Detroit Sunday back Wednesday night / Thursday morning then back to Florida on Saturday I booked my flight and Lucy sorted hers out. Work had me flying with delta to Detroit and back from Orlando into Heathrow. Lucy found an ok deal with virgin out of Gatwick so she'd fly direct then same flights as me return into Heathrow (indirect via Atlanta). She even managed a bag a seat in the bubble.
Just my internal left to sort. Bit of googling and found a sprit airlines Detroit to MCO direct, by the time I'd added baggage and added the big front seat option total cost was £120 which I didn't think was to bad for a 4hr flight.

Next on the planning list was car hire, did the usual Alamo brits and opted for a convertible.

Won't get this one stuck!

Had originally planned to miss Disney and just do Universal but due to a change in circumstances we swapped that round. We are planning a trip next August with some friends so went for Disney annual passes and decided that we'd also add MNSCHP as we'd never been.

After trying to figure out what to do with my 3 days on my own I've finally decided that I'd just pop along to Universal and again after a bit of maths with our August trip in mind another annual pass.

We plan on having more relaxation days than park days on this trip but we are not sit round the pool all day people so will likely still get a variety of stuff in.

Got a couple of ADRs booked, Sanaa, house of blues and even managed a late Cali grill booking.

So this trip has been sorted in a matter of a few weeks and I've just managed to get this uploaded before I fly on Sunday morning.

Enjoy I'll try not to take as long to get the report up after we return!

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15

Edited at 05:06 AM.
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds great. Have a fantastic time, look forward to reading your tr.
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Looking forward to reading your trippie.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 17, 05:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Hi all, just wanted to give a little update on our pre trip.

The reason that we changed plans and were planning a little more chilled out than other trips is Lucy is pregnant.
I’d kept it off line until we’d told friends and family, we wanted to have a reveal photo and decided on one at our favourite place.

It’s been a long road to get here but after 3 years and some tears on the way we did it. It was our last round of clomid before IVF so we are mega lucky.

Lucy was 15 weeks when she flew out.

We’ll get the pregnant trip report out soon.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 17, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Congratulations.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Great news, what a great company to work for
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List