Notices

Old 1 Jun 18, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Holdensccs
slightly serious Dibber

The one unlike nothing you've ever read before - Day 3 Dennys, fleas,more rain and Wildside

A good nights sleep. Still both woke up at 6am though.
I debate with myself about going for a pre-dawn run but can't make a convincing argument! yesterday's 2 park day (17666 steps) may have some bearing on that.

The weather channel...
"Bermuda high moves south, moisture not as concentrated " sounds promising.

DD is working early today , thats Epcot early (11:45), but she'd like to have breakfast with us (she'd like dad to buy her breakfast!)

There is a Dennys close to Vista Way so that's where we go.
DD had the Dulche De Leche pancakes with sausage and bacon sides
DW had the Grand Slam Slugger
I had Moons Over Hy Hammy

We all enjoyed what we had. DD blagged a Disney discount (10%l) so the bill came to $30.16 plus a tip.

We then dropped her off at cast member services. got a hug and waved her goodby until tomorrow.

We are planning on having a quiet day, some shopping. First atop was the flea market opposite Old Town. Lots ofbooths in here with the usual variety, it's also air conditioned which is nice. The only thing we bought was a t shirt for me, although DW had her eyes on a couple but didn't buy (expect we will be back). It started to rain whilst we were inside, so much that we waited for it to ease before making a dash for the car not 10 feet away!

we then went to the flea market further east on the 192 opposite the Wal-Mart just past Medieval Times...

It was to be honest more than half vacant and there was hardly nyone there shopping, we didn't stay long... I eemember when that was so popular, it's a bit sas to see its decline.

So we went to the outlet m at the south end of I Drive. First stop was the food court, just for drinks

I witnessed the most bizzarre thing in Starbucks. The guy in front of me in the queue, in full view of the menu board on the wall, was looking at the same menu on his phone.

Anyhow I got my several hundred calorie iced coffee and was happy.

So we strolled around the mall, mostly looking, bought a bit of Calvin Klien for DS and a t-shirt from Van Heusen for me. It rained a couple of times, but we mostly missed it.. and it was still very warm.

As a side note, our car can be started remotely from quite a distance away, so if you remember to leave the AC on max, its quite bearable inside by the time you get to it.

Wal Wal-Mart next for a few bits and food (pre made sandwiches) for tomorrow (planned early start at Animal.Kindom to hopefully do FOP)

We are staying at the Ramada Gateway, at the end of the trip report I will review it in full, but tonight, as we were walking to dinner, we decided to try out the manager's reception. Basically free beer and wine in the bar from 5 till 6. We were the only ones there however the barman Ivan, from Puerto Rico, was friendly and chatty.. we had a couple if free beers and then left for dinner at Wildside Bar and Grille. Kust a few minutes walk down Hwy192, we have a big deal card for here which gives us 15% off.

We appear to have arrived at the right time as we get a table right away. ( it starts filling up shortly after).

We decide to share 2 entrees, so we have the brisket platter and the full rack of baby back ribs.

Sides were coleslaw, potato salad, baked potato and fries.

Brisket is to die for. Ribs - meat falls off the bone - you can't pick them up but a wee bit salty for my liking.

However, no complaints had to leave a few fries, which is unheard of! It was even happy hour, 2 4 1 drinks...

with discount the bill was $38 plus tip...

If/when we visit again I think we'd share 1 appetizer and 1 entree leaving space for a dessert hopefully..

That's all for today. Tomorrow AK until early afternoon, weather permitting we might get in the pool after..

Holdensccs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Holdensccs - 1 Jun 18 1:53 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Great day, food looks lush!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Looks a great meal there for the money. Must seem strange your daughter having to go to work !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Sounds like a lovely relaxed day
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Another good day.
Old 1 Jun 18, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another good day. Mmmm Brisket!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day with lots of shopping
Your evening meal looks lovely, we were just saying on our recent trip we hadn’t read any reports on Wildside glad you enjoyed it we have never been.

Joan
Old 1 Jun 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another great day, loving reading your report.
Old 5 Jun 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Weather looked much better today, fab pics.