Notices

Old 14 Jun 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
like the thing t-shirts, would be tempted to do something similar but still scarred by DF once getting a matching set of custard yellow t-shirts with big black felt names on them for a holiday

Talking of baggage you've packed already love it. DW still makes fun of my former habit of laying holiday stuff out on the spare bed from about a month before we went. I think I only did it the once during our relationship but never forgotten
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 08:51 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Love the tshirts,where did you get them?
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
DS is getting married in 2019 so that is where much of our effort is focused.

In Sept 2019 afer all the dust is settled, we are planning our final trip to wdw, after the first in 1982. Me and DW are planning to sit outside of MK after closing, on the banks of Bay Lake and wave goodbye to what has been an amazing place with memories that will last forever...

It is time now for you to make your own memories...

Disney332
That sounds amazing and so emotional, I hope you have a lovely time x

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
like the thing t-shirts, would be tempted to do something similar but still scarred by DF once getting a matching set of custard yellow t-shirts with big black felt names on them for a holiday

Talking of baggage you've packed already love it. DW still makes fun of my former habit of laying holiday stuff out on the spare bed from about a month before we went. I think I only did it the once during our relationship but never forgotten
You should so do it ... Mr Grump refuses to wear them but he's too much of a tight ass not too it would eat away at him knowing I paid for them and they weren't even used

Nothing wrong with a bit of packing early, I just feel so much better knowing that's one extra thing ticked off the list x

Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Love the tshirts,where did you get them?
I got them from eBay, think they were around £6 each which I think is a bargain! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

** update **

So I thought I'd do an update.

We decided last minute on Friday (2.30pm) to go away for the weekend. We booked a caravan locally (1hr 15) and headed off around 5pm once Mr Grump was in from work. Considering it was so last minute and we hadn't had time to prepare Noah he coped with it very well ... may have been persuaded by the promise of going to the swimming pool the next day He's a proper little water baby.

He struggled to settle on Friday night which we expected given the uncertainty. Once he did we played Uno with the older two ... there may have been some adult beverages ... or 4 involved

Saturday we had a walk to the park then went swimming. Mr Grump took the boys to the beach and I had a little nap (2 hours!)

via Imgflip Meme Generator

The boys came back with an array of seashells

We tidied round and had some tea before heading to the entertainment complex where I indulged in a cheeky game of

Whilst Mr Grump and the kid's went to the amusements.

Now Mr Grump is very similar to my dad in that he gets carried away in the amusements, I usually joke that he goes there for himself not the kid's ... however, I do genuinely believe this!

He did manage to win DL a Unicorn, which she appreciated for a whole 2 hours before she reverted back to the DL routine

We concluded with another few games of UNO which I won again

This morning we had a bit of a lazy morning slowly packing in between playing battleship and card games. Had lunch and left around 12pm. Went to a local sea side and had an ice cream before heading home. Spent the afternoon chilling (in between the washing, putting clothes away, food shopping, making tea, baths and bed)

So plans wise there isn't a lot to update really. I keep checking the reservations to see if we can get an earlier ADR on our first morning (currently 8.40am) however nothing yet. On the countdown to Fast Pass day and DDD now!

After following Adam's live report I've decided to also do a cost breakdown of our dining plan. So what I plan to do is to keep all the receipts from our credits at Disney. We got the free QSDP so we already know it is cost effective for us. We have paid an extra £800 to upgrade to DDP though.

How's everyone getting on?

I'm having a quite a few health problems at the moment and feeling very sorry for myself

Edited at 09:02 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Great update and interested in your cost tracking. The meme is strong with this one I already have a pic filed away for later use using that same skeleton picture it's probably going to happen more than once

Hope your health probs clear up soon or at least don't get in the way of essential planning, memeing and holidaying
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Think the tramadol may have assisted me in getting carried away there

Thank you, sadly they're ongoing but once my meds are tweaked I should hopefully be back on track.

Oh forgot to update!

Last week (well actually week before now!) I went to Prague for my best friends hen do. I planned it all and it was a complete surprise to her, she loved it. We had a limo (with a surprise ) from the airport, ice bar, escape room, walking tour with unlimited sangria and beer and mini golf in the dark ... what an awesome weekend. I've never been before but it's such a lovely place I really want to go back again but just Mr Grump and I.

We had a quite a few belly laughing moments, one of them consisted of one of the girls saying hello to a waitress in Czech ... the waitress then assumed she was Czech and started to talking to her in the language ... queue the friend

Everyone else

I put together little party bags for everyone including paracetamol, energy tablets and more. It also included these amazing bubble face masks that we had seen. We used these on our final night ... the pictures were absolutely hilarious we laughed none stop for 30 minutes at how everyone looked ... it was something like this

Imagine 5 women in an apartment after a day of cocktails looking like this

It was a fab weekend however I was glad to be home ... mainly because that meant I was one step closer to Disney ... but also because

Edited at 09:27 PM.
Old 24 Jun 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter was diagnosed asd at Christmas. She’s now 7. We first went to Disney when she was 4. We’re going again very soon. Highly recommend the bubble. It was quiet and less overwhelming. She hated the plane food/smells so I’m taking my own food for her. The iPad and IFE were amazing. We also took ear defenders and pushchair with a big hood. She often hopped into it and pulled hood down if she needed time out. She did nt like the rides, said before hand she would ride everything, got there and freaked out. She much preferred the tame more baby rides. She hated the queues and spent whole time stressing. At that point we had no idea DAS existed. This time we will use it. We’ve got hidden disability lanyard for LGW.
We watched loads of videos of rides, talked about noises and speakers and where sounds come from. She’s still quite reckless and will run so that’s our fear this time.
We call our daughter drama llama as well. 😀
Enjoy your planning. So sorry to hear about your dad. X
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
My daughter was diagnosed asd at Christmas. She’s now 7. We first went to Disney when she was 4. We’re going again very soon. Highly recommend the bubble. It was quiet and less overwhelming. She hated the plane food/smells so I’m taking my own food for her. The iPad and IFE were amazing. We also took ear defenders and pushchair with a big hood. She often hopped into it and pulled hood down if she needed time out. She did nt like the rides, said before hand she would ride everything, got there and freaked out. She much preferred the tame more baby rides. She hated the queues and spent whole time stressing. At that point we had no idea DAS existed. This time we will use it. We’ve got hidden disability lanyard for LGW.
We watched loads of videos of rides, talked about noises and speakers and where sounds come from. She’s still quite reckless and will run so that’s our fear this time.
We call our daughter drama llama as well. 😀
Enjoy your planning. So sorry to hear about your dad. X
Hi TC thanks for reading

As we've requested special assistance we can't request the bubble apparently ... I'm hoping as we've requested the bulkhead seats he will only see a wall if that makes sense? He'll most likely have his headphones plugged into his tablet and if not we will have his ear defenders I never thought about the smells, but he's also very sensitive to smell. I was planning on grabbing some sandwiches from Tesco before we go to the airport as he's quite fussy with food also. I've actually just bought this plate for him the other day and I managed to get him to try cucumber and tomatoes!

The pushchair is a great idea, we're going to get one when we go to Walmart for him as I think he'll be thankful of the break!

Oh no bless her, that's a good idea about the rides, I will try that with Noah although he is a thrill seeker and loves rides, he loves Alton Towers too

I've heard the DAS passes can be invaluable at times.

Not long now till your trip! Have you booked you FP's yet? How long are you going for? X
Old 1 Jul 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Nothing wrong with a bit of packing early, I just feel so much better knowing that's one extra thing ticked off the list
So I've started packing in the spare room as of Friday. DW still non the wiser
Old 1 Jul 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Hi TC thanks for reading

As we've requested special assistance we can't request the bubble apparently ... I'm hoping as we've requested the bulkhead seats he will only see a wall if that makes sense? He'll most likely have his headphones plugged into his tablet and if not we will have his ear defenders I never thought about the smells, but he's also very sensitive to smell. I was planning on grabbing some sandwiches from Tesco before we go to the airport as he's quite fussy with food also. I've actually just bought this plate for him the other day and I managed to get him to try cucumber and tomatoes!

The pushchair is a great idea, we're going to get one when we go to Walmart for him as I think he'll be thankful of the break!

Oh no bless her, that's a good idea about the rides, I will try that with Noah although he is a thrill seeker and loves rides, he loves Alton Towers too

I've heard the DAS passes can be invaluable at times.

Not long now till your trip! Have you booked you FP's yet? How long are you going for? X
We’ve got the lanyard not sure if that counts as special assistance! I wish my children were thrill seekers. She’d be happy on it’s a small world all day every day. She just won’t push herself to try something new. We’ve been known to get to front of lines and she bolts. Hoping das will be helpful so she has no build up.
We can’t wait. It’s a three week trip. Knew it would be so hot and that if we spread it out we would nt have to rush.
I ve looked at virgin in flight adult meals and nothing my children will eat- they don t eat food that touches! In fact they don’t eat much. They could nt tell me what children’s meals were but I’m guessing it’s not beige food! So i’ll be loading up my hand luggage with Pringles, raisins and biscuits!

We had that plate. It initially worked well, then she started peeking at the prize and realised that in her opinion the prize was nt worthy of her efforts😂
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List